Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oven Cleaning (avoidance)

As I type this my wife is making a mess of the oven I spent ages cleaning
last week. She is roasting some pork and it is spitting all over the place.
I suggested she put foil over it but she said 'not yet, do you want it
nicely done?" So I backed off. Noticed some cooking oil and asked if she had
added some to the roasting tin - she claimed to have used just a bit to stop
it from being too dry. I started to wonder about the effect of vegetable oil
and animal fat in one tin - could this cause spitting?

If I pluck up courage should I make any suggestions - or just enjoy the pork
and then roll my sleeves up and clean the oven.

It is electric with a top and bottom element (Might have been better in the
fan oven)

Continual cleaning v/s Self Cleaning oven Which is better? RC Home Repair 35 March 11th 20 10:47 PM
Cleaning an oven Anthony Diodati Home Repair 13 August 28th 08 01:41 AM
oven cleaning [email protected] UK diy 3 December 30th 07 09:48 AM
Self Cleaning Oven - Just Say NO!! Charles Pisano Home Repair 21 September 16th 06 04:23 PM
City property tax avoidance Phisherman Home Repair 15 July 26th 06 10:11 PM