Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Commutator Skim (not DIY)

Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be skimmed in
situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do the job.

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , John
scribeth thus
Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be skimmed in
situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do the job.

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

Woss the motah out of?..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , John
scribeth thus
Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be skimmed in
situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do the
job.

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

Woss the motah out of?..
--
Tony Sayer

1 of 5 used to drive compressors.
Start on 11,000 volts - then down to 8Kv when up to speed. Used for an
industrial process.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 21:00:26 -0000, "John"
wrote:

Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be skimmed in
situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do the job.

Colliery winding engine?

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , John
scribeth thus
Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be skimmed in
situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do the
job.

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

Woss the motah out of?..

Angle grinder? ;-)

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Downie wrote:

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , John
scribeth thus
Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be skimmed in
situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do the
job.

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

Woss the motah out of?..

Angle grinder? ;-)

To die for...

--
*When did my wild oats turn to prunes and all bran?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer
saying something like:

In article , John
scribeth thus
Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be skimmed in
situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do the job.

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

Woss the motah out of?..

Drivel's Priapus.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be skimmed in
situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do the job.

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

I guess it'll take a bit more than a transformer and a file!

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be skimmed in
situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do the
job.

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

I saw a TV program a few years ago about old Blackpool trams being
restored. Seeing the commutator turned down like that was quite satisfying.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer
saying something like:

In article , John
scribeth thus
Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be skimmed in
situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do the job.

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

Woss the motah out of?..

Drivel's Priapus.

Did you spell prolapse incorrectly there ?

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Grimly Curmudgeon
writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer
saying something like:

In article , John
scribeth thus
Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be skimmed
in
situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do the
job.

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

Woss the motah out of?..

Drivel's Priapus.

Did you spell prolapse incorrectly there ?

Maxie, how is your prolapse? Is the Pelvis playing up? Not nimble enough
to get away from the bailiffs? Life is a bummer Maxie. A real bummer. I
hope it doesn't affect your Paddy bandness. That would be a bummer for you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Doctor Drivel
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer
saying something like:

In article , John
scribeth thus
Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be
skimmed in
situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do
the job.

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

Woss the motah out of?..

Drivel's Priapus.

Did you spell prolapse incorrectly there ?

Maxie, how is your prolapse? Is the Pelvis playing up? Not nimble
enough to get away from the bailiffs? Life is a bummer Maxie.

Do the other inmates probe your anal cavity for you then, drivel ?

bet you like that

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Doctor Drivel
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer
saying something like:

In article , John
scribeth thus
Wow - saw a slip ring on a 22,000HP motor being prepared to be skimmed
in
situ today. About 2 ft diameter. Hope to see the machine used to do
the job.

Makes the washing machine look feeble.

Woss the motah out of?..

Drivel's Priapus.

Did you spell prolapse incorrectly there ?

Maxie, how is your prolapse? Is the Pelvis playing up? Not nimble enough
to get away from the bailiffs? Life is a bummer Maxie.

Do the other inmates probe your anal cavity for you then, drivel ?

Maxie, I have never heard of these ways. You are such a revelation. Is
that what you are up to? Fantastic Maxie! Truly fantastic. This shows your
zeal for knowledge. Fabulous. You will go far Maxie, you will drag
yourself out of the gutter. You keep asking all those people on the streets
to borrow a fiver and your dreams will come true. Or are you offering anal
services for the fiver? Maxie, you are a true entrepreneur. Fantastic.