Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default source of 2-part expanding foam?

Hi All
as per subject title - I'm looking for a source of small
quantities of two-part polyurethane expanding foam, rather than the
aerosol type. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jon N
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jkn" wrote in message
Hi All
as per subject title - I'm looking for a source of small
quantities of two-part polyurethane expanding foam, rather than the
aerosol type. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jon N

http://www.cfsnet.co.uk/acatalog/met...iquidfoam.html

I have used it when building canoes, be carefull a little goes a loooooong
way! (and keeps going.......)

Des

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

On Mar 2, 5:20 pm, "Dieseldes" wrote:

http://www.cfsnet.co.uk/acatalog/met...iquidfoam.html

Thanks, that's great.

I have used it when building canoes, be carefull a little goes a loooooong
way! (and keeps going.......)

me too - I know the stuff from canoe building in scouts many years
ago. We used to get it from Glasplies in Southport, but they only seem
to do large amounts.

Thanks again
Jon N
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Mar, 17:28, jkn wrote:
On Mar 2, 5:20 pm, "Dieseldes" wrote:

http://www.cfsnet.co.uk/acatalog/met...iquidfoam.html

Thanks, that's great.

I have used it when building canoes, be carefull a little goes a loooooong
way! (and keeps going.......)

me too - I know the stuff from canoe building in scouts many years
ago. We used to get it from Glasplies in Southport, but they only seem
to do large amounts.

* * Thanks again
* * Jon N

Isn't there a story about a guy using this for his canoe which he had
in his hall and he used far too much and it just about destroyed the
house ? My memories of this go back to 1970 so it's been around for
a long time. Very expansive and very exothermic.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

In article ,
Rob G wrote:

Isn't there a story about a guy using this for his canoe which he had
in his hall and he used far too much and it just about destroyed the
house ?

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#foam

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dieseldes wrote:
"jkn" wrote in message
Hi All
as per subject title - I'm looking for a source of small
quantities of two-part polyurethane expanding foam, rather than the
aerosol type. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jon N

http://www.cfsnet.co.uk/acatalog/met...iquidfoam.html

I have used it when building canoes, be carefull a little goes a loooooong
way! (and keeps going.......)

Des

Pretty sure Bondaglass Voss in Beckenham Kent supply it in small
amounts. No website unfortunately
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dmc wrote:
In article
,
Rob G wrote:

Isn't there a story about a guy using this for his canoe which he had
in his hall and he used far too much and it just about destroyed the
house ?

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#foam

Thats it. One of the funniest things I've ever read.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Mar, 13:58, jkn wrote:
Hi All
* * as per subject title - I'm looking for a source of small
quantities of two-part polyurethane expanding foam, rather than the
aerosol type. Any thoughts?

* * Thanks
* * Jon N

Try a fibreglass supplies place like http://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co.u...-c-49_148.html

No connection apart from I bought some West Systems epoxy stuff from
them a couple of weeks ago because they had the best prices I found on
a quick search - all went well so they seem OK.

Expanding foam behind CU Jon[_3_] UK diy 12 September 19th 08 12:08 AM
expanding foam HELP Peter UK diy 11 June 24th 07 08:14 PM
Expanding Foam The Medway Handyman UK diy 12 September 19th 06 12:30 AM
Expanding Foam VisionSet UK diy 3 September 6th 06 09:16 PM