Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Window Frame Sealer - Is there a Best-of-Breed?

Hi all

For bath sealing and the like, I always use Dow Corning 785 - proven
quality, supporters in this group etc..
Is there a similar top product for sealing uPVC window and door frames?
I see that Dow Corning do a sealer for this, 796, but have not used it.
Any recommendations from users (the sealant used on some refurb work I had
done a couple of years back has discoloured and looks cr@p)

TIA

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

For bath sealing and the like, I always use Dow Corning 785 - proven
quality, supporters in this group etc..
Is there a similar top product for sealing uPVC window and door frames?
I see that Dow Corning do a sealer for this, 796, but have not used it.
Any recommendations from users (the sealant used on some refurb work I had
done a couple of years back has discoloured and looks cr@p)

TIA

Phil

IIRC you need low modulus neutral cure.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Mar, 13:36, "TheScullster" wrote:

For bath sealing and the like, I always use Dow Corning 785 - proven
quality, supporters in this group etc..
Is there a similar top product for sealing uPVC window and door frames?
I see that Dow Corning do a sealer for this, 796, but have not used it.
Any recommendations from users (the sealant used on some refurb work I had
done a couple of years back has discoloured and looks cr@p)

I'd use an MS Polymer instead - much, much longer life expectancy.

I use Arbomeric MP10 mostly, but not for much better reason than it
being reasonably priced quality brand, from an outlet on my route to
work.