Posted to alt.home.repair

Default window frame in basement

Hi...
I want to replace the window frame in the basement.
My question is if I should use normal wood ( spruce ) or I should use
presure treated wood.
The frame will come in contact with the foundation.
Thanks.

-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

"altadata" wrote in message
m...
Hi...
I want to replace the window frame in the basement.
My question is if I should use normal wood ( spruce ) or I should use
presure treated wood.
The frame will come in contact with the foundation.
Thanks.

Why are you replacing it? That is probably enough to tell you to use
pressure treated so it does not happen again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 20, 12:58*am, (altadata) wrote:
Hi...
I want to replace the window frame in the basement.
My question is if I should use normal wood ( spruce ) or I should use
presure treated wood.
The frame will come in contact with the foundation.

Why are you replacing it? (e.g. looks, security, rot, etc?)

Does it need to open for access or ventilation?

Do you need to be able to see through it?

Would glass block with a vent work?
Posted to alt.home.repair

I just bought some vinyl replacement basement windows ($65.00)ea.
I'm just going to use shims and foam insulation (Great Stuff) against
the concrete.

--

I did it this way, too, and it has worked out fine. I used Tapcons and
shims into the masonry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

altadata had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...nt-343076-.htm
:

Hello all
and thanks for the replies.
I need to replace because I'm enlarging the windows ( cutting the window
opening in the foundation to have larger windows ).
So I will have new windows, new window frame.

I like the idea of installing the windows against the concrete. Do you
have any
link to the provider of the vinyl windows?

Thanks.