Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cleaning stove extractor fan hood

When needs must I remove my extractor fan front and replace the filter and
throw it away. Everything is gummed up, so I scrub as best I can before
attaching the new filter with masking tape.

But what I want to know is, how do I get rid of the sticky stuff on the
front of the extractor hood? This is in a line with my kitchen cupboards
which are also slightly sticky. I've tried everything, like borax, ammonia,
and soda, but nothing cuts the sticky grease on the extractor hood. I've
even tried sticky stuff remover, but there's not enough in a small bottle to
use on an approx. 2' x 2' surface.

Has anyone ever discovered how to get rid of sticky old grease on a kitchen
cupboard-type front? Or, come to that, on the front of a gas stove?
Nothing seems to shift it.

I can take the extractor hood off, but I still can't clean it.

someone

Extractor hood John UK diy 3 January 16th 09 11:09 PM
Cleaning Paint off Extractor Hood and Sink [email protected] Home Repair 3 October 18th 07 02:03 PM
Kitchen Chimney Extractor Hood Ed_Zep UK diy 3 October 29th 06 05:49 PM
Making a template for extractor fan hood TRK's Dad UK diy 3 April 2nd 06 01:42 PM
Extractor hood / coal fire Charlie UK diy 2 March 9th 05 09:48 AM