Posted to uk.d-i-y
someone someone is offline

Default cleaning stove extractor fan hood

"Toby" wrote in message
someone wrote:
When needs must I remove my extractor fan front and replace the
filter and throw it away. Everything is gummed up, so I scrub as
best I can before attaching the new filter with masking tape.

But what I want to know is, how do I get rid of the sticky stuff on
the front of the extractor hood? This is in a line with my kitchen
cupboards which are also slightly sticky. I've tried everything,
like borax, ammonia, and soda, but nothing cuts the sticky grease on
the extractor hood. I've even tried sticky stuff remover, but there's
not enough in a small bottle to use on an approx. 2' x 2' surface.

Has anyone ever discovered how to get rid of sticky old grease on a
kitchen cupboard-type front? Or, come to that, on the front of a
gas stove? Nothing seems to shift it.

I can take the extractor hood off, but I still can't clean it.

someone

Angle grinder

Har-har, very funny. Anybody else with a more useful answer?