Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Decorator's Caulk

Any make best? Especially in terms of shrinkage?

--
*And don't start a sentence with a conjunction *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Any make best? Especially in terms of shrinkage?

I've always had good results with Vallance caulk - which beats anything the
sheds sell.

S/F do it in 2 sizes - the larger of which requires a full length sealant
gun - some of the commonly available ones ain't long enough. [If it's long
enough for Gripfill, it'll be ok]
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh rrh is offline

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Any make best? Especially in terms of shrinkage?

I used loads of Evo Stik All Purpose sealant last year, especially the
translucent version because you can see when it's fully dry. I prefer it to
silicone sealant because it's overpaintable. Claims to be 30% "stronger
than" silicone, whatever that means. Little shrinkage. Not cheap.
Unfortunately Screwfix have stopped doing both white and clear versions as
far as I can see.

B&Q translucent acrylic sealant is OK but shrinks more.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Roger Mills
writes

I've always had good results with Vallance caulk - which beats anything the
sheds sell.

Agreed. my local independent DIY store does it very cheaply too. Beats
the arse off mixing Polyfilla.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.