Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plumbing Experts - Help ... !!

Some long time back, I bought a whirlpool bath from Bathstore. I bought the
same water inlet and taps that they had fitted in the showroom. I have just
reached the point where I am ready to fit it all, and am having some
difficulty finding the fittings that I need. The filler unit is a largish
chrome fitting on the bath face, with the water connection points on the
half of it fitted behind the bath face. The actual connection points are
plastic male thread which reads about .8 inch - which seems to be just about
exactly 20mm - across the threads, on my vernier. So what size is this, and
what actually fits it ?

The taps are actually ceramic cartridge valves, with inlet at the bottom,
and outlet at the side. Both of these ports are brass male thread, and read
a tad over 1 inch across the threads. So again, what size actually is this,
and what fits them ?

My incoming water is 22mm both hot and cold, currently with service valves
fitted, no stubs or anything in the tops of these at the moment. So, I need
to get from a 22mm service valve to the inlet port on the valve (tap) at 1"
(?) and then from the outlet port of the valve, again 1" (?) to the bath
filler inlet connector at 20mm.

I had been hoping to use flexis - possibly standard sized tap connectors to
push fit, or push fit to push fit onto tap connectors with pipe stubs etc,
for both sections of each (hot and cold) feed, but looking on, for instance,
B&Q's website, I can't see any combinations of connectors or flexis that
seem to match these sizes. Help please .... d:-\ }

Arfa