Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wallpaper stripping + Wiki + Feedback + PING NT

Hi,

Not a question, but a bit of feedback:

I got this:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/26639/...Stripper-2300W

ages ago when I had a coupon. It's cheap anyway. Having used it flat out for
2 days, I must say, that despite being a cheap brand, it's actually *very*
good. I'm getting plenty of steam out of it and it's so far excelled in:

1) Getting emulsioned textured ceiling paper off in one strip clean, and
quite quickly - nearly zero mess. Messy bits were the sections above the
picture rail, which were very well glued on.

2) Getting a very thin vinyl off - too thin to peel dry like decent vinyl,
it needs to be well scored, steamed, then the vinyl layer can be teased
off, then the paper layer can easily be attacked and removed.

Also, got this for under a tenner from B&Q:

http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/s...r-4-26-452.asp

and it works very well - worth it if you have any amount to do.

---

NT: I'd like to contribute to the Wiki article with pictures. But, out of
courtesy, I'm mentioning it here first - mind if I just go an edit, or
shall I pass some material to you first? I'd better say that I find that a
steam stripper is far from messy, compared to sloshing a wet sponge
around - maybe I've been lucky?

Cheers

Tim

any alternatives to stripping wallpaper? pete UK diy 14 July 18th 08 02:52 PM
Stripping Wallpaper Shay UK diy 6 May 15th 07 04:57 PM
Stripping wallpaper off painted plaster wall Londoncityslicker UK diy 3 April 16th 07 11:52 PM
Wallpaper Stripping DavidM UK diy 7 February 28th 07 02:41 PM