Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 5 foot 8 and a half missus, 6 ft me what height kitchenworktop????

On Feb 23, 10:10*pm, Tony Bryer wrote:
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:49:02 -0800 (PST) Misterroy wrote :

Hi, my 6'2 neighbour has worktops at 980 mm high. My wife is
off to IKEA tomorrow to buy a kitchen, as the mother in law
has clearly stated, aw well you wont need another one. How
high should our worktops be, how do we best raise them, will
IKEA sell a suitable kick-board?

Standard plinths won't be suitable. I did this on my first
kitchen (new one with a view to sale was standard) and raised
the worktop by putting a hardwood spacer rail (stained black and
varnished in my case) between the unit tops and worktop.

--
Tony Bryer, *'Software to build on' from Greentramwww.superbeam.co.uk*www.superbeam.com*www.greentram.com

when she needs something, I usually get a roll anyway