Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Low wattage SES nightlight needed

We've just bought a new wall light for our sons room to use as a
nightlight.
I've put a 7W tungsten pigmy bulb in, but it is still a little
brighter than I'd like.
Can you get even lower power SES fitting bulbs than 7W?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
wrote:
We've just bought a new wall light for our sons room to use as a
nightlight.
I've put a 7W tungsten pigmy bulb in, but it is still a little
brighter than I'd like.
Can you get even lower power SES fitting bulbs than 7W?

Look for an LED one - they're usually dim enough. And should have a long
life.

--
*A bicycle can't stand alone because it's two tyred.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18 Feb, 09:23, wrote:
We've just bought a new wall light for our sons room to use as a
nightlight.

What's a "nightlight" ? Comforting glow, or enough to stop you
tripping over the furniture?

My only LED nightlight that's enough to see by dimly is home-made. A
yellow-orange Osram from Ikea, with the LEDs swapped for something
modern from ultraleds.co.uk. Despite buying a lot of nightlights in
the last year, this is the only one.

For comfort, I like the Lidl one with the colour-changing fishtank in
it 8-)

Ikea do tiny SES CFL bulbs down to 4W (fragile bare tube) or 5W for
candles with a glass bowl over them.

Wattage Bobby[_3_] Electronics 13 February 5th 08 10:26 PM
How to wire up a RS-150BA-N Vacancy Sensor Switch with Nightlight and Manual On/Off OneSolution Home Repair 9 October 4th 07 06:28 PM
Fan Wattage Buck Turgidson Electronics Repair 14 June 4th 07 04:09 AM
WTD: Low wattage heater sPoNiX UK diy 20 November 22nd 05 02:21 PM
elec. low power nightlight fusing/safety Andrew UK diy 4 September 8th 05 05:57 PM