Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dri Buddy from JML

Hi there,

Do you reckon this product is an alternative to a tumble dryer, or is
just one of JML's crap products?

http://www.jmldirect.com/Dri-Buddi-PD2001/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
Hi there,

Do you reckon this product is an alternative to a tumble dryer, or is
just one of JML's crap products?

http://www.jmldirect.com/Dri-Buddi-PD2001/

"Do you suffer from condensation in your home? Then try our new JML
dehumidifer!"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
Hi there,

Do you reckon this product is an alternative to a tumble dryer, or is
just one of JML's crap products?

http://www.jmldirect.com/Dri-Buddi-PD2001/

Dunno about that one but if you have a rotary clothes line outside, then I
can recommend these - they work even in winter, rain or shine. The only
problem is if the temperature is below zero.

http://www.rotaire.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David" wrote in message
Hi there,

Do you reckon this product is an alternative to a tumble dryer, or is
just one of JML's crap products?

http://www.jmldirect.com/Dri-Buddi-PD2001/

a member of mine bought one, its a pile of junk and costs a lot of money to
run. Worked for about 6 months, its in her front garden now if you want
one....

Greeny

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:24:21 -0800 (PST), David
wrote:

Hi there,

Do you reckon this product is an alternative to a tumble dryer, or is
just one of JML's crap products?

http://www.jmldirect.com/Dri-Buddi-PD2001/

New shape for an old idea. A product called a Flatley airer was
available in the 50's and 60's.
The Flatley was a box shape into which you hung laundry with a heating
element near the base. It may just have been a lamp bulb in some
models.

I remember them! My mum had one. Don't spose they exist anymore? Wonder
why?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Feb, 18:53, "Pete Zahut" dont@bother wrote:
David wrote:
Hi there,

Do you reckon this product is an alternative to a tumble dryer, or is
just one of JML's crap products?

http://www.jmldirect.com/Dri-Buddi-PD2001/

Dunno about that one but if you have a rotary clothes line outside, then I
can recommend these - they work even in winter, rain or shine. The only
problem is if the temperature is below zero.

http://www.rotaire.com/

That sounds good, how long does it take to fry the clothes?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
Hi there,

Do you reckon this product is an alternative to a tumble dryer, or is
just one of JML's crap products?

http://www.jmldirect.com/Dri-Buddi-PD2001/

Dunno about that one but if you have a rotary clothes line outside, then I
can recommend these - they work even in winter, rain or shine. The only
problem is if the temperature is below zero.

http://www.rotaire.com/

That sounds good, how long does it take to fry the clothes?

Oops I meant to write dry the clothes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Hi there,

Do you reckon this product is an alternative to a tumble dryer, or is
just one of JML's crap products?

http://www.jmldirect.com/Dri-Buddi-PD2001/

New shape for an old idea. A product called a Flatley airer was
available in the 50's and 60's.
The Flatley was a box shape into which you hung laundry with a heating
element near the base. It may just have been a lamp bulb in some
models.

I remember them! My mum had one. Don't spose they exist anymore? Wonder
why?

Not much drying space, danger of small items falling through rack,
expensive to run. Quite useful as a space heater.

Cic.

Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:

That sounds good, how long does it take to fry the clothes?

Oops I meant to write dry the clothes

Right first time, perhaps?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
Hi there,

Do you reckon this product is an alternative to a tumble dryer, or
is just one of JML's crap products?

http://www.jmldirect.com/Dri-Buddi-PD2001/

Dunno about that one but if you have a rotary clothes line outside,
then I can recommend these - they work even in winter, rain or
shine. The only problem is if the temperature is below zero.

http://www.rotaire.com/

That sounds good, how long does it take to fry the clothes?

Oops I meant to write dry the clothes

Depends on the outside temperature really, the warmer it is, the quicker
stuff dries. The beauty of this thing though is that you can actually put
stuff out to dry when it's raining and cold, and it still dries! We've had
to leave stuff out overnight sometimes but, even though it rained all night,
the clothes still dried.

Pete

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
[...]

Thanks for that. I'll tell my mum and see what she has to say.

Yes I have just turned 14 today
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Hi there,

Do you reckon this product is an alternative to a tumble dryer, or is
just one of JML's crap products?

http://www.jmldirect.com/Dri-Buddi-PD2001/

New shape for an old idea. A product called a Flatley airer was
available in the 50's and 60's.
The Flatley was a box shape into which you hung laundry with a heating
element near the base. It may just have been a lamp bulb in some
models.

I remember them! My mum had one. Don't spose they exist anymore? Wonder
why?

Not much drying space, danger of small items falling through rack,
expensive to run. Quite useful as a space heater.

A flat we moved into in the 60s had a steel drying cabinet built into
the kitchen. Rods in the top to hang clothes off and a couple of
sealed bar heaters in the base. Not much cop if you were washing
sheets. Okay for nappies though we still hung them out on the balcony
in dry weather.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
[...]

Well Happy Birthday then )

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:02:34 -0000, Pete Zahut wrote:

Dunno about that one but if you have a rotary clothes line outside,

Depends on the outside temperature really, the warmer it is, the quicker
stuff dries.

No it's the relative humidity not the absolute temperature that enables
the clothes to dry. It could be 40C but 100% RH and your clothes would
never dry, conversly it could be 4C - 10% RH and your clothes will dry
very quickly.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi there,

Do you reckon this product is an alternative to a tumble dryer, or is
just one of JML's crap products?

http://www.jmldirect.com/Dri-Buddi-PD2001/

New shape for an old idea. A product called a Flatley airer was
available in the 50's and 60's.

Thats the one. These sort of things were sold before tumble dryers
took over. The flatley produced clothes that were stiff as cardboard,
and consequently rough on the skin. I saw fanned bag dryers installed
as late as the 80s in low end accommodation.

View the jml as an obsolete cheapskate alternative to a tumble dryer,
with poorer results than sainsburys basics.

Much better:
http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....=Clothes_Dryer

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article et,
"Dave Liquorice" writes:
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:02:34 -0000, Pete Zahut wrote:

Dunno about that one but if you have a rotary clothes line outside,

Depends on the outside temperature really, the warmer it is, the quicker
stuff dries.

No it's the relative humidity not the absolute temperature that enables
the clothes to dry. It could be 40C but 100% RH and your clothes would
never dry, conversly it could be 4C - 10% RH and your clothes will dry
very quickly.

I take your point, but at the particular combination you've given,
4C - 10% RH, the wet bulb temperature (i.e. the temperature of your
clothes) would extrapolate back to about -3C. Now they won't actually
drop below zero, but this means the clothes are only 4C colder than
the surrounding air, which is less energy transfer to supply the
latent heat for the evaporation that it would be if the full 7C temp
difference was obtainable, so it will significantly slow down
the drying of your clothes. At 10% RH, this effect kicks in below
about 8C (the point at which the wet bulb temperature is 0C).

So it's not actually the relative humidity so much as it is the
difference between wet bulb and dry bulb temperature which affects
drying times. This varies with relative humidity (and is zero at
100% humidity), but it's also this temperature difference which
passes the energy into the clothes to provide the latent heat for
evaporation of the water, and the larger the difference between
wet bulb and dry bulb temperature, the faster the energy will pass
into the clothes to evaporate the moisture and the more moisture
will be evaporated. Any air movement helps lots too, by both
transferring energy from the air to the clothes faster, and by
removing the air which has absorbed moisture from the clothes
faster.

You can read off the wet bulb, dry bulb, and humidity values from
the following chart:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eaLevel-SI.jpg

--
Andrew Gabriel