Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Towel rail staying hot

I have a rather elderly heating installation (Y-Plan) which has worked
pretty much as expected since I moved into this house a few years ago.

However, I'm now finding that the bathroom radiator (plumbed with the
DHW) is staying hot, presumably drawing heat from the tank, when
neither heating nor hot water are supposed to be on. It's making for a
warm bathroom but cold showers.

At first I thought the circulation pump might be staying on for some
reason, but I can't hear it running or feel it vibrating when it's
supposed to be off.

It may just be a coincidence, but I fitted a shower pump (well,
actually a whole house pump) a couple of days before I first noticed
the towel rail staying hot: I don't see how this would have affected
the system though.

Any ideas as to what to look at would be appreciated because I really
don't have a clue!

--

John

Towel rail radiator GB UK diy 3 November 20th 07 03:54 PM
Heated towel rail Totally clueless UK diy 22 May 31st 07 11:01 PM
Towel rail too big? JoeJoe UK diy 13 November 6th 05 04:13 PM
Homemade towel rail Christian McArdle UK diy 3 December 10th 03 09:24 PM