Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Towel rail radiator

We have a nice brass towel with a radiator set into the middle of it. I am
pretty sure that this is run off the hot water system, and the radiator has
started to rust badly. The rad is ordinary pressed steel, but it has lasted
at least 10 years, so I would like to replace it like for like if possible.

The connection is with 4 holes (2 top, 2 bottom) each about 22 mm, with a
male thread on them. The rad is 530 mm high (measured from middle of top
inlet to middle of bottom inlet). It is 790 mm wide.

I would rather replace the rad than replace the whole towel rail, but I have
no idea where to get a radiator to fill the gap with the right fittings on
it. Can any of you knowledgeable guys help, please?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message

We have a nice brass towel with a radiator set into the middle of it.

I bet that scratches when drying yourself )

Sorry, can't help with your problem but couldn't resist the comment.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

"John" wrote in message
news

"GB" wrote in message

We have a nice brass towel with a radiator set into the middle of it.

I bet that scratches when drying yourself )

Sorry, can't help with your problem but couldn't resist the comment.

John

Kindly insert rail.

I'll leave you to decide where would be best ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:21:21 -0000 someone who may be "GB"
wrote this:-

We have a nice brass towel with a radiator set into the middle of it. [snip]

I would rather replace the rad than replace the whole towel rail, but I have
no idea where to get a radiator to fill the gap with the right fittings on
it. Can any of you knowledgeable guys help, please?

Radiator manufacturers?

I imagine that "standard" size radiators are used in such towel
rails, not special sizes. If that is the case then check with them,
if that is not the case check with those who make "non-standard"
size radiators.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Towel rail too big? JoeJoe UK diy 13 November 6th 05 04:13 PM
Using a standard radiator as an electric towel radiator [email protected] UK diy 5 October 11th 05 11:41 AM
towel rail radiator Tim Smith UK diy 0 March 17th 05 07:34 AM
Changing a radiator for a towel rail. Cliff UK diy 1 November 24th 04 02:57 PM