Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Emulsion logic?

Looked at a job yesterday, painting a one room studio flat. White gloss on
woodwork, white emulsioned ceiling, white emulsioned walls.

Just got a txt from the lady, could I quote for one coat of white gloss on
woodwork, two coats of white emulsion on ceiling, two coats of magnolia
emulsion on walls.

Ceiling & walls aren't that bad, can't work out why she wants two coats
especially when covering white with magnolia?

Before I ask her why, can anyone see any logic behind this idea?

Customers always right of course, but I can't see the point.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Feb, 09:00, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Looked at a job yesterday, painting a one room studio flat. *White gloss on
woodwork, white emulsioned ceiling, white emulsioned walls.

Just got a txt from the lady, could I quote for one coat of white gloss on
woodwork, two coats of white emulsion on ceiling, two coats of magnolia
emulsion on walls.

Ceiling & walls aren't that bad, can't work out why she wants two coats
especially when covering white with magnolia?

Before I ask her why, can anyone see any logic behind this idea?

Customers always right of course, but I can't see the point.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

She's probably used cheap shed emulsion in the past. I got B&Q colours
range pale colour once, and not joking, I applied 5 coats to hide the
pinkness of the plaster underneath ! Reckon I'd have needed at least 2
coats to cover white.
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Simon.- Hide quoted text -

Dave, think about it, she's a woman !!! lol
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Before I ask her why, can anyone see anylogicbehind this idea?

She's probably had another quote from someone else detailing one coat
of x, two coats of y etc and wants to compare like with like to see if
you're still competative.

NB. I received a quote for redecorating our hall once and the quote
went to incredible detail , it even itemised how many rolls of masking
tape and disposible knife blades would be needed! - they didn't get
the job, (too expensive), but I also didn't like the idea of someone
being 'quite' so precise.... too much time at business school and too
little actually doing the job??

Mike