Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Land Rover Disco 3 voltage regulator levels

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

People who tow horseboxes or sailing dinghys, or indeed any sport that
requires you to go on poor surfaces with load.

I'll give you the horsebox, but a dinghy is fine behind a Mini. I know,
I've done it. And I mean a real Mini, not the modern BMW thing.

I don't reckon a Dart cat (130Kg) or a Laser (59Kg) even with another
hundred or so for the trailer, needs 4wd.

Ron's snow is a real reason for having one. He seems to be one of the
few people with a proper reason.

Ron,

I suggest you rent a decent modern road car one day for the Shropshire
trip, just to see the difference. Preferably just so you can do a
(practice) emergency stop on a wet road.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jules wrote:
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 05:37:16 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Simply because the type of person who buys such a vehicle tends to be
the type who falls for all this type of hype, and probably uses
oxygen-free copper 'cables' for their hi-fi type stuff...

Total rubbbish. At least round here.

Yeah, I think that's maybe a bit harsh, but...

Disco is the car of choice for someone who needs off road, and also
needs a practical comfortable motorway car as well.

Well, our truck's practical and comfortable, and it's over 40 years old*.
I have no problem with those aims - I just don't follow the logic of
over-complicating fundamental vehicle systems (or things like loading it
up with trim that's just going to add weight and get scuffed/wrecked)

* although only 2wd right now until I find a 4wd donor - it's on the to-do
list...

Defender is better off road, but its noisy and uncomfortable.

Hmm, noise is a good one... although every "larger than car-size" vehicle
I've been in has seemed noisy, modern or otherwise, so I'm not sure I'd
appreciate attempts to make it just a little bit quieter.

And yet its stillsmart enouigh to go 'to town' in in a suit..

I suppose you have expensive tax and MOTs over there (and less space on
average), so it's harder to run several vehicles and just use the most
appropriate one for a job

Exactly.

It cost about 500 a year to have a 4WD on the road even if it only turns
a wheel on the few days with snow.

So if you need one, you have to use it.

cheers

J.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2009-02-11, Andy Champ wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

People who tow horseboxes or sailing dinghys, or indeed any sport that
requires you to go on poor surfaces with load.

I'll give you the horsebox,

That's really big of you.

I think I'd prefer the boat + trailer if it's still on offer.

Car voltage regulator Peter Spikings Electronics 2 May 1st 08 08:34 PM
Land Rover comms link cynic UK diy 28 January 12th 07 10:14 PM
Voltage Regulator (multisim) -Almazick- Electronics 1 August 2nd 05 07:00 AM
voltage regulator query RB Electronics Repair 8 March 29th 05 04:50 AM
REQ: Voltage Regulator IC Eric Electronics Repair 4 October 5th 04 05:50 AM