Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler Pressure

In my new house I have just had a new combi boiler fitted. On the pressure
guage it goes from just under 1 bar to almost 2.5. It currently is just on
the minimum - and there's no problems - is there any benefits/downfalls if
it were to go higher. We have complete new copper piping and a boiler fed
shower.

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

MikeS wrote:
In my new house I have just had a new combi boiler fitted. On the pressure
guage it goes from just under 1 bar to almost 2.5. It currently is just on
the minimum - and there's no problems - is there any benefits/downfalls if
it were to go higher. We have complete new copper piping and a boiler fed
shower.

Thanks

See my thread of a couple of days back with subject: Gloworm 30ci Combi
pressure where I asked a similar question.

The FAQ I was referred to was very useful.

Geoff Lane

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"MikeS" writes:
In my new house I have just had a new combi boiler fitted. On the pressure
guage it goes from just under 1 bar to almost 2.5. It currently is just on
the minimum - and there's no problems - is there any benefits/downfalls if
it were to go higher. We have complete new copper piping and a boiler fed
shower.

The pressure will change as the water in the radiators heats
and cools. When the heating is off and all radiators have
cooled down, the pressure will be lowest. When the heating
is going at full pelt with radiators at max temperature, the
pressure will be highest. The fill pressure needs to be set
so that these two extremes are both within the design limits
of the system. For a 1 or 2 story house, typical cold fill
pressure would be 1 bar, and it might go up to 2 bar when
hot. If you have a 3 story or more house, then it's also
important to take into account the vertical distance
between lowest and highest parts of the radiator plumbing
in the house, and where in that height the pressure guage is.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
MikeS wrote:
In my new house I have just had a new combi boiler fitted. On the
pressure guage it goes from just under 1 bar to almost 2.5. It currently
is just on the minimum - and there's no problems - is there any
benefits/downfalls if it were to go higher. We have complete new copper
piping and a boiler fed shower.

Thanks

See my thread of a couple of days back with subject: Gloworm 30ci Combi
pressure where I asked a similar question.

The FAQ I was referred to was very useful.

Thankyou and apologies for posting so soon after your post. I really should
check more threads. You wouldn't think I've been using usennet for over 12
years
Thanks to Andrew aswell. All questions answered.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 8, 10:42*am, "MikeS" wrote:
In my new house I have just had a new combi boiler fitted. On the pressure
guage it goes from just under 1 bar to almost *2.5. It currently is just on
the minimum - and there's no problems - is there any benefits/downfalls if
it were to go higher. *We have complete new copper piping and a boiler fed
shower.

Thanks

Only fill it until highest radiator if full of water, Less pressure =
Longer life.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

The pressure will change as the water in the radiators heats
and cools. When the heating is off and all radiators have
cooled down, the pressure will be lowest. When the heating
is going at full pelt with radiators at max temperature, the
pressure will be highest.

Strangely my Gloworm 30ci 5 years old) with 8 rads in a chalet bumgalow
shows .9 bar when cold and only rises to just over 1 bar when heating on
even if the boiler stat is set quite high.

Geoff Lane
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Geoff Lane writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

The pressure will change as the water in the radiators heats
and cools. When the heating is off and all radiators have
cooled down, the pressure will be lowest. When the heating
is going at full pelt with radiators at max temperature, the
pressure will be highest.

Strangely my Gloworm 30ci 5 years old) with 8 rads in a chalet bumgalow
shows .9 bar when cold and only rises to just over 1 bar when heating on
even if the boiler stat is set quite high.

That means you have a pressure vessel which is much larger than
the rest of your system actually needs, but that doesn't matter
in the least.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Boiler pressure Golan UK diy 4 May 16th 07 08:45 PM
combi boiler - pressure increases then boiler shuts down peri UK diy 1 July 10th 06 09:50 PM
Boiler Pressure... Tony. UK diy 9 May 16th 06 10:27 PM
no water pressure from boiler bobonacus UK diy 6 January 19th 05 11:55 AM
boiler pressure [email protected] UK diy 8 December 14th 04 09:13 AM