Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler pressure

I tried to look in old post but can't find any information so I am
asking.

At this time of the year I am turning on the heating in my flat only
for couple of hour's in the bath room. All the radiators in the flat
are off.

The pressure on the boiler is low than normal about 0.7.
I know that when the hating is on it needs to be around 1.5 but isn't
the fact that only on radiator is on actually mean less hot water in
the system and there for less extract which mean lower pressure ? If I
top up the system and open more radiators the pressure goes very high
2.5.

Thank you for any information

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 May 2007 06:40:29 -0700 Golan wrote :
The pressure on the boiler is low than normal about 0.7.

That OK in a flat: 0.7 is about 20ft head which is a lot more than you'd
have with a header tank in the flat. Some boilers will cut out if the
static pressure cold drops below 0.5/0.6

I know that when the hating is on it needs to be around 1.5

No, it will rise when the system heats up, but there is no minimum
figure. If you had a big expansion vessel it might rise to 0.8 and that
would be fine. In a flat the concern would be if was rising to 2 or
more.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Golan wrote:

I tried to look in old post but can't find any information so I am
asking.

At this time of the year I am turning on the heating in my flat only
for couple of hour's in the bath room. All the radiators in the flat
are off.

The pressure on the boiler is low than normal about 0.7.
I know that when the hating is on it needs to be around 1.5 but isn't
the fact that only on radiator is on actually mean less hot water in
the system and there for less extract which mean lower pressure ? If I
top up the system and open more radiators the pressure goes very high
2.5.

Thank you for any information

From distilling numerous previous threads, the 'norm' seems to be 1 bar when
cold and 2 bar when hot.

The pressure rise is due to the fact that the water in the system expands
when it gets hot and compresses the gas in the expansion vessel, with a
consequent increase in pressure. If only *some* of the water is getting hot
(the remainder being in unheated radiators and pipes) the pressure rise will
be lower. What you are experiencing seems fairly normal - except that 0.7
bar sounds a bit low. Is that cold or (partially) hot?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com, Golan
writes
I tried to look in old post but can't find any information so I am
asking.

At this time of the year I am turning on the heating in my flat only
for couple of hour's in the bath room. All the radiators in the flat
are off.

The pressure on the boiler is low than normal about 0.7.
I know that when the hating is on it needs to be around 1.5 but isn't
the fact that only on radiator is on actually mean less hot water in
the system and there for less extract which mean lower pressure ? If I
top up the system and open more radiators the pressure goes very high
2.5.

Thank you for any information

Have you been drinking fernox ?

Quite simply, either there is sufficient pressure, or the boiler won't
work

That's all

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:40:29 -0700, Golan wrote:

I tried to look in old post but can't find any information so I am
asking.

At this time of the year I am turning on the heating in my flat only
for couple of hour's in the bath room. All the radiators in the flat
are off.

The pressure on the boiler is low than normal about 0.7.
I know that when the hating is on it needs to be around 1.5 but isn't
the fact that only on radiator is on actually mean less hot water in
the system and there for less extract which mean lower pressure ? If I
top up the system and open more radiators the pressure goes very high
2.5.

Thank you for any information

See FAQ ( Sealed CH)

combi boiler - pressure increases then boiler shuts down peri UK diy 1 July 10th 06 09:50 PM
Boiler Pressure... Tony. UK diy 9 May 16th 06 10:27 PM
What's 0 on boiler pressure gauge mean? Set Square UK diy 17 January 9th 06 11:06 AM
boiler pressure [email protected] UK diy 8 December 14th 04 09:13 AM
combi boiler pressure down - help please One Man Show UK diy 3 July 23rd 03 07:30 PM