Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler oil additives

I think I can probably guess what people are likely to say about this,
but I'll ask anyway - does anyone rate oil additives for central
heating oil such as:

http://www.boilerjuice.com/shop/cat/...dditives.html/

Keith
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Keefiedee
saying something like:

I think I can probably guess what people are likely to say about this,
but I'll ask anyway - does anyone rate oil additives for central
heating oil such as:

http://www.boilerjuice.com/shop/cat/...dditives.html/

Snake oil. Might as well add some essence of five pound notes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Keefiedee wrote:
I think I can probably guess what people are likely to say about this,
but I'll ask anyway - does anyone rate oil additives for central
heating oil such as:

http://www.boilerjuice.com/shop/cat/...dditives.html/

Given such stuff doesn't work on car engines where the idea is to clear
dirty injectors, I'd guess the dilution in a household oil tank puts it in
the homeopathy field...

--
*A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
Keefiedee wrote:
I think I can probably guess what people are likely to say about this,
but I'll ask anyway - does anyone rate oil additives for central
heating oil such as:

http://www.boilerjuice.com/shop/cat/...dditives.html/

Given such stuff doesn't work on car engines where the idea is to clear
dirty injectors, I'd guess the dilution in a household oil tank puts it in
the homeopathy field...

Ah! but you will feel so much better thinking it is being cleaned!

I prefer using magnets. It aligns the molecules so that they pass though
the jets in an orderly manner rather than risk getting stuck by some
going sideways.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 Feb, 09:51, Bob Minchin wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
* *Keefiedee wrote:
I think I can probably guess what people are likely to say about this,
but I'll ask anyway - does anyone rate oil additives for central
heating oil such as:

http://www.boilerjuice.com/shop/cat/...dditives.html/

Given such stuff doesn't work on car engines where the idea is to clear
dirty injectors, I'd guess the dilution in a household oil tank puts it in
the homeopathy field...

Ah! but you will feel so much better thinking it is being cleaned!

I prefer using magnets. It aligns the molecules so that they pass though
the jets in an orderly manner rather than risk getting stuck by some
going sideways.

Bob

Groan - we all know who is going to make a fool of himself now!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)"
saying something like:

In article
,
Keefiedee wrote:
I think I can probably guess what people are likely to say about this,
but I'll ask anyway - does anyone rate oil additives for central
heating oil such as:

http://www.boilerjuice.com/shop/cat/...dditives.html/

Given such stuff doesn't work on car engines where the idea is to clear
dirty injectors, I'd guess the dilution in a household oil tank puts it in
the homeopathy field...

The one thing that does work on diesel injectors is ATF; but even so,
adding it to a fuel oil tank would be pricey - cheaper just to service
the boiler.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It happens that Dave Plowman (News) formulated :
http://www.boilerjuice.com/shop/cat/...dditives.html/

Given such stuff doesn't work on car engines where the idea is to clear
dirty injectors, I'd guess the dilution in a household oil tank puts it in
the homeopathy field...

If we are talking petrol injectors then the stuff I have used twice
certainly does work. My car came very close to failing its MOT on
emmisions last year and the inspector suggested injector cleaner would
probably sort it. I plonked some STP in the tank, not really expecting
much from it and the MPG shot up by almost 1/3. Its recommended as
3,000 service, so I used it again just before its most recent MOT. This
time there was some improvement in mpg, but not nearly so marked as the
previous year. Apart from the mpg and emissions, the engine was much
perkier. It also easily sailed through the emissions test last month.
It has had no other work done on it other than and oil and oil filter
change, so the only difference was the STP.

Obviously if there was no problem with your injectors, there would be
no improvement, but I'm convinced enough to use it regularly now and it
certainly more than pays for itself in fuel savings. Other owners of
the same marque are reporting similar results, so it is not just me.

It is only supposed to be a mix of ATF fluid and parrafin, so I suppose
you could mix your own.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)