Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scart leads

I have 2 video recorders, one with scart and the other without.
I also have a free view box with scart. A DVD player and a TV with one
scart.

The Video with scart has two sockets on the back.

What I want to do is record to video from free view, but having gone
through a long bout of illness, I cant think how to wire things up.

I have daisy chained the video from coax through all machines, but I
have got bogged down with how to connect the scart connectors.

I have a 3 way scart switch box that should be able to switch the input
to the second video, but I suspect that I am not understanding too well
as to how it should be done.

Anyone help me please.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:

I have 2 video recorders, one with scart and the other without.
I also have a free view box with scart. A DVD player and a TV with one
scart.

The Video with scart has two sockets on the back.

What I want to do is record to video from free view, but having gone
through a long bout of illness, I cant think how to wire things up.

I have daisy chained the video from coax through all machines, but I
have got bogged down with how to connect the scart connectors.

I have a 3 way scart switch box that should be able to switch the input
to the second video, but I suspect that I am not understanding too well
as to how it should be done.

I would Wire
A - Video
B - DVD
C - Freeview

If the Freeview box has 2 scarts I would also connect it to the second
input on the video.

if not my box have a button labelled somthing like A-C which connects
the output of C to the input side of A.

if you then View output A once you have the video input correctly set
(names vary) you will see the freeview output, and video on screen
display over the top.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Malcolm wrote:
Dave wrote:
[...]

You could try

uk.tv.tech.sky
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
I have 2 video recorders, one with scart and the other without.
I also have a free view box with scart. A DVD player and a TV with one
scart.

The Video with scart has two sockets on the back.

What I want to do is record to video from free view, but having gone
through a long bout of illness, I cant think how to wire things up.

I have daisy chained the video from coax through all machines, but I have
got bogged down with how to connect the scart connectors.

I have a 3 way scart switch box that should be able to switch the input to
the second video, but I suspect that I am not understanding too well as to
how it should be done.

Anyone help me please.

Dave

Have a look here

http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Slider wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
I have 2 video recorders, one with scart and the other without.
I also have a free view box with scart. A DVD player and a TV with one
scart.

The Video with scart has two sockets on the back.

What I want to do is record to video from free view, but having gone
through a long bout of illness, I cant think how to wire things up.

I have daisy chained the video from coax through all machines, but I have
got bogged down with how to connect the scart connectors.

I have a 3 way scart switch box that should be able to switch the input to
the second video, but I suspect that I am not understanding too well as to
how it should be done.

Anyone help me please.

Dave

Have a look here

http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html

Ah yes, I've seen that site before. many thanks for reminding me.

Dave

SCART leads Dave UK diy 18 January 5th 09 10:48 PM
Leads, leads and more leads FREE! [email protected] Metalworking 2 November 20th 08 02:38 AM
TV without SCART orange Electronics Repair 2 May 15th 06 04:56 PM
VGA to SCART RGB Tony b Electronics 0 April 23rd 04 02:45 PM
Scart John UK diy 21 December 3rd 03 02:06 PM