Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Instlation above MR16 downlights

I was wondering what the collective wisdom is on what to do about loft
insulation above MR16 LV downlights. I see Screwfix do a couple of products,
a firehood and a steel box thing but neither seem to suit.

I am thinking about constructing a Plasterboard void above the lights. The
roof trusses are on 2 foot centres and 4" high. I thought a PB void the
width and height of the the trusses and about a foot wide would be OK but I
don't know if I should leave some ventilation holes. The existing insulation
is 4" thick and I have bought some more to run across the trusses. Any
thoughts please.

Archie

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Archie" wrote in message
I was wondering what the collective wisdom is on what to do about loft
insulation above MR16 LV downlights. I see Screwfix do a couple of
products, a firehood and a steel box thing but neither seem to suit.

I am thinking about constructing a Plasterboard void above the lights. The
roof trusses are on 2 foot centres and 4" high. I thought a PB void the
width and height of the the trusses and about a foot wide would be OK but
I don't know if I should leave some ventilation holes. The existing
insulation is 4" thick and I have bought some more to run across the
trusses. Any thoughts please.

Archie

Hi Man

None..

Micky.

LV Downlights 50mm dia. [email protected] UK diy 7 March 14th 08 08:29 PM
wiring downlights bob UK diy 11 September 20th 06 08:17 AM
LED MR16 Bulb. Alec UK diy 3 July 29th 06 12:41 AM
Led Kitchen downlights Tom UK diy 6 June 1st 06 10:19 PM
MR16 Halogen bulb Kathy Home Repair 4 March 6th 06 01:49 PM