Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LV Downlights 50mm dia.

Can anyone suggest a supplier of round low voltage downlights
(halogen) suitable for use in a kitchen display unit, that can be used
in an existing cutout of ~50mm?

I've currently got two sets, one running as a pair of lights off a
transformer that are in a kitchen display unit, and the other is trio
of lights off a transformer that are mounted in a plinth above the
sink.

One set has died (transformer and all bulbs in one go!), but the only
downlights I can find seem to require a 65mm cutout or greater.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Can anyone suggest a supplier of round low voltage downlights
(halogen) suitable for use in a kitchen display unit, that can be used
in an existing cutout of ~50mm?

I've currently got two sets, one running as a pair of lights off a
transformer that are in a kitchen display unit, and the other is trio
of lights off a transformer that are mounted in a plinth above the
sink.

One set has died (transformer and all bulbs in one go!), but the only
downlights I can find seem to require a 65mm cutout or greater.

There are also low power surface mounted ones available.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 14, 12:34 pm, wrote:
Can anyone suggest a supplier of round low voltage downlights
(halogen) suitable for use in a kitchen display unit, that can be used
in an existing cutout of ~50mm?

I've currently got two sets, one running as a pair of lights off a
transformer that are in a kitchen display unit, and the other is trio
of lights off a transformer that are mounted in a plinth above the
sink.

One set has died (transformer and all bulbs in one go!), but the only
downlights I can find seem to require a 65mm cutout or greater.

Your looking for MR11, common shed item, , 11 1/8"s of an inch, more
common LV lamp is MR16 , 16 1/8"s, 2" lamp in itself.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 14, 12:34 pm, wrote:
Can anyone suggest a supplier of round low voltage downlights
(halogen) suitable for use in a kitchen display unit, that can be used
in an existing cutout of ~50mm?

I've currently got two sets, one running as a pair of lights off a
transformer that are in a kitchen display unit, and the other is trio
of lights off a transformer that are mounted in a plinth above the
sink.

One set has died (transformer and all bulbs in one go!), but the only
downlights I can find seem to require a 65mm cutout or greater.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/34589/

But unless the downlights are damaged, can you not just replace the
transformer and bulbs? The downlight itself is just a decorative
holder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Mar, 16:37, Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Mar 14, 12:34 pm, wrote:

Your looking for MR11, common shed item, , 11 1/8"s of an inch, more
common LV lamp is MR16 , 16 1/8"s, 2" lamp in itself.

Adam

Adam

Thanks, but it's not just the lamp but the whole lot I'm after (bulbs/
lamps, fittings and transformers).

The existing (but knackered) downlights use a 10w G4 bulb, and the
downlights themselves are ~50mm diameter so whatever I get needs to
fit into the cutouts that are already in the kitchen units.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 14, 12:34 pm, wrote:

Your looking for MR11, common shed item, , 11 1/8"s of an inch, more
common LV lamp is MR16 , 16 1/8"s, 2" lamp in itself.

Adam

Adam

Thanks, but it's not just the lamp but the whole lot I'm after (bulbs/
lamps, fittings and transformers).

The existing (but knackered) downlights use a 10w G4 bulb, and the
downlights themselves are ~50mm diameter so whatever I get needs to
fit into the cutouts that are already in the kitchen units.

G4 lampholder shouldn`t be unobtanium,trafo off the shelf, MR16 is 5.3
and dont fit BTW...
Think some MR11 fittings have a 50mm cutout if not MR8, but fittings
may be too small and cant think of any cheap ones.
Adam
Or as suggested surface ftiings.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 14, 12:34 pm, wrote:

Your looking for MR11, common shed item, , 11 1/8"s of an inch, more
common LV lamp is MR16 , 16 1/8"s, 2" lamp in itself.

Adam

Adam

Thanks, but it's not just the lamp but the whole lot I'm after (bulbs/
lamps, fittings and transformers).

The existing (but knackered) downlights use a 10w G4 bulb, and the
downlights themselves are ~50mm diameter so whatever I get needs to
fit into the cutouts that are already in the kitchen units.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/14246

Sounds like you need something like the above. They can be surface
mounted, or the outer can be removed and flush mounted. The fitting is
54mm, so the cutout for flush mounting would be about 50mm

wiring downlights bob UK diy 11 September 20th 06 08:17 AM
Led Kitchen downlights Tom UK diy 6 June 1st 06 10:19 PM
3x2 50mm flags George UK diy 3 February 13th 06 01:56 PM
How do I connect a 1.25" PVC-U pipe to the flush 50mm plain female water inlet of a WC pan? Peter UK diy 0 August 3rd 05 11:06 PM
Cutting bits for 50mm spindle moulder Ian Stirling UK diy 48 February 14th 05 11:35 AM