Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Neff U1452 Fan Replacement

The circulator fan in this thing has broken. I know where to get a
replacement part but am unsure about refitting.

Do I have to pull the whole thing out of the cabinet housing and approach
from the back or will I get adequate access if I unscrew the back plate on
the inside of the oven?

Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Cain" wrote in message
et...
The circulator fan in this thing has broken. I know where to get a
replacement part but am unsure about refitting.

Do I have to pull the whole thing out of the cabinet housing and approach
from the back or will I get adequate access if I unscrew the back plate on
the inside of the oven?

Thanks.

Can't comment on your particular model but my Neff looks to have a removable
back in both ovens and their only purpose is access to the fan/element??? (I
also think the oven back and sides are one piece with a removable panel for
mains connection and a removable top panel)
Try a search for neff and fan on the forum at
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/ - it returned 119 threads for me.

Peter K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 Jan, 16:22, "Roger Cain"
wrote:
The circulator fan in this thing has broken. I know where to get a
replacement part but am unsure about refitting.

Do I have to pull the whole thing out of the cabinet housing and approach
from the back or will I get adequate access if I unscrew the back plate on
the inside of the oven?

Thanks.

This might help.

http://www.apart4u.co.uk/acatalog/info_8.html

A.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
This might help.

http://www.apart4u.co.uk/acatalog/info_8.html

Brilliant, Andy, thanks a lot. Looks as though I DO have to get at the back
:-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brilliant, Andy, thanks a lot. Looks as though I DO have to get at the back
:-(

I my Neff (can't remember the model), you remove the back of the oven
to take off the impeller - the nut has a left handed thread. Then from
behind you remove the torx screws to take off the back. The motor is
held by some more torx screws.
If it is anything like mine, the motor is actually ok but the bearings
are stuffed with burnt grease. I kept mine going for 18 months by
cleaning the bearings out and then using high melting point grease. I
had to give in eventually and buy a new motor. The present one is
motor three. The first was replaced by an engineer under warranty and
he showed me how to do it. Apparently it is a design fault!

Best of luck,

Lawrence

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

Brilliant, Andy, thanks a lot. Looks as though I DO have to get at the
back
:-(

I my Neff (can't remember the model), you remove the back of the oven
to take off the impeller - the nut has a left handed thread. Then from
behind you remove the torx screws to take off the back. The motor is
held by some more torx screws.
If it is anything like mine, the motor is actually ok but the bearings
are stuffed with burnt grease. I kept mine going for 18 months by
cleaning the bearings out and then using high melting point grease. I
had to give in eventually and buy a new motor. The present one is
motor three. The first was replaced by an engineer under warranty and
he showed me how to do it. Apparently it is a design fault!

Ah, interesting. Like yours, my first motor blew within the warranty period.
This is number 2 which has lasted about 6 years. I'll have a go at the
bearing refurb. Thanks.

Neff Dishwasher JohnW UK diy 0 November 12th 07 08:25 AM
Neff ceramic hob Luiz UK diy 2 September 13th 06 11:40 AM
Neff Hobs / Ignition icornish UK diy 1 May 10th 06 12:56 PM
Neff dishwasher [email protected] UK diy 1 November 30th 05 11:59 PM
Neff dishwasher - how to reset? Roger Dyke Home Repair 0 November 24th 05 09:31 AM