Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Beeswax ?

I have been watching "How Clean Is Your House". In the programme they melted
in the microwave some Beeswax to polish some old furniture. It can be heated
over a pan of hot water too they said.

I ordered some from eBay and have a problem.

When I do that and leave it to go cool it goes rock hard. What do I need to
add to it to make sure the beeswax stays soft so I can use it. I am sure
they added some kind of oil to it?? Maybe wrong but they said it was the
best way to polish old furniture.

Thanks Sam

Information on Beeswax Enoch Root Woodworking 4 December 29th 05 05:25 PM
Beeswax treasure_55 Woodturning 10 November 28th 05 03:36 AM
Waterproofing w/Beeswax? Denis Marier Woodturning 5 April 4th 05 10:26 PM
beeswax as grease AAvK Woodworking 29 January 10th 05 12:22 PM
Oil/Beeswax Gel finish Mark Shafer Woodworking 15 February 19th 04 05:06 PM