ben

Default Looking for low-energy bulb with small-screw

Pierre-Philippe Ravier wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for a website (or a real place, why not) selling
low-enerhy bulbs which have a small-screw cap. I think this is also
called a small-Edison cap.

Unfortunately I have never seen this in a shop, entierh on a web-site.
I see a lot of low-energu bulb with either the bayonett or the big
screw. Nothing with the small screw...

Do you have an idea of where I could find this ?

They have them in our local B&Q superstore. Other places such as online
suppliers (RS, etc) tend to have a limited range with only low wattages
available.

BigWallop

"Pierre-Philippe Ravier" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am looking for a website (or a real place, why not) selling
low-enerhy bulbs which have a small-screw cap. I think this is also
called a small-Edison cap.

Unfortunately I have never seen this in a shop, entierh on a web-site.
I see a lot of low-energu bulb with either the bayonett or the big
screw. Nothing with the small screw...

Do you have an idea of where I could find this ?

http://tinyurl.com/gpbt

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Abso

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Pierre-Philippe Ravier" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am looking for a website (or a real place, why not) selling
low-enerhy bulbs which have a small-screw cap. I think this is also
called a small-Edison cap.

Unfortunately I have never seen this in a shop, entierh on a web-site.
I see a lot of low-energu bulb with either the bayonett or the big
screw. Nothing with the small screw...

Do you have an idea of where I could find this ?

http://tinyurl.com/gpbt

One of the lamps on that page is described as an energy saver eqivalent
of a 40 watts lamp ES base R80 - can anyone tell me how this differs from an
R50 fitting type? I suppose I can't use the R80 if I have an R50 track? I've
not seen low energy R50 spots, do such things exist? Ta.

BigWallop

"Abso" wrote in message
"BigWallop" wrote in message

[...]

Same page nearer the bottom.

http://tinyurl.com/gpxj

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Pierre-Philippe Ravier wrote:
I am looking for a website (or a real place, why not) selling
low-enerhy bulbs which have a small-screw cap. I think this is also
called a small-Edison cap.

IKEA seem to be about the largest stockists of all things Edison screw.

--
*Black holes are where God divided by zero *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Abso

"BigWallop" wrote in message
news

"Abso" wrote in message
"BigWallop" wrote in message

snip
http://tinyurl.com/gpbt

One of the lamps on that page is described as an energy saver

eqivalent
of a 40 watts lamp ES base R80 - can anyone tell me how this differs from

an
R50 fitting type? I suppose I can't use the R80 if I have an R50 track?

I've
not seen low energy R50 spots, do such things exist? Ta.

Same page nearer the bottom.

http://tinyurl.com/gpxj

Ummm, that appears to be an R80, not an R50.

--
Abso

R P McMurphy

Ikea do em.

rpm

BigWallop

"Abso" wrote in message
"BigWallop" wrote in message
news

"Abso" wrote in message
"BigWallop" wrote in message

snip
http://tinyurl.com/gpbt

One of the lamps on that page is described as an energy saver

eqivalent
of a 40 watts lamp ES base R80 - can anyone tell me how this differs

from
an
R50 fitting type? I suppose I can't use the R80 if I have an R50

track?
I've
not seen low energy R50 spots, do such things exist? Ta.

Same page nearer the bottom.

http://tinyurl.com/gpxj

Ummm, that appears to be an R80, not an R50.

Abso

Don't it do the same job ?

Keith D

Hi,
In my experience Ikea's low energy bulbs last about 5 days. This was a
few years ago though. I know they're cheap but at that rate you may as well
go to B&Q and spend a wee bit more.

Cheers,
Keith
In ,
an infinite number of Andy Dingleys, in an attempt to produce the entire
works of Shakespeare, typed:
On 11 Jul 2003 15:59:05 -0700, (Pierre-Philippe
Ravier) wrote:

I am looking for a website (or a real place, why not) selling
low-enerhy bulbs which have a small-screw cap.

Ikea. Yes, they have small Edison screw too.

Abso

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Abso" wrote in message
"BigWallop" wrote in message
news

snip
Same page nearer the bottom.

http://tinyurl.com/gpxj

Ummm, that appears to be an R80, not an R50.

Abso

Don't it do the same job ?

fx: Head explodes

--
Abso

Martin Angove

In message ,
"Abso" wrote:

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Abso" wrote in message
"BigWallop" wrote in message
news

snip
Same page nearer the bottom.

http://tinyurl.com/gpxj

Ummm, that appears to be an R80, not an R50.

Abso

Don't it do the same job ?

fx: Head explodes

I may be wrong, but I thought that the number after the "R" related to
the diameter of the bulb, and that on top of that there were also narrow
and wide beam variants? IME an R80 is quite a lot physically larger than
an R63, and the R63 is a lot larger than the R50.

:-)

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html
Andy Dingley

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:16:07 GMT, "Keith D" munged @ munged . com
wrote:

In my experience Ikea's low energy bulbs last about 5 days.

IMHE, they're up to 3 1/2 years (how long I've been in this place).
OTOH, all of the slightly larger Phillips I put in at the same time
have now failed. YMMV

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
All "low energy" bulbs are crap. Brought to you by the same people who
advocate sub-1.0 litre cars and brown rice.

They're ideal where you want just 'light' like for an outside light that's
on for long periods.
But for indoors - no way.

--
*i souport publik edekashun.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Pierre-Philippe Ravier

"BigWallop" wrote in message ...
"Pierre-Philippe Ravier" wrote in message
om...
"R P McMurphy" wrote in message

Ikea do em.

rpm

Thanks to all.

I just went back from Ikea Croydon. Since the last time they have
expanded their range of energy-saving bulbs. They have now nice ones
which don't show the tube . I have bought some 11W ES and 7W SES bulbs
(I would have preferred 9W SES though).
So far I am satisfied, I have mounted them in various places of my
house (now more than half of the bulb are energy-saving ones).
The light seems close to daylight by the way, which personnally I
like.

http://tinyurl.com/hqs4

Thanks,
Unfortunately the bulbs shown on this URL are those which show the
fluorescent tube. They don't have a globe to hide this, like IKEA now
does for their new range of energy-daving bulbs
Ade

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Pierre-Philippe Ravier wrote:

like IKEA now
does for their new range of energy-daving bulbs

Dave? Is Dave there? has anyone seen Dave?

Huh! From not half an hour ago:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The ansaer is ismple. Hire a diger

prtoblems simultaneously, and indeed, what to do wityh the moher in law

Fallen out with the spill chucker again? ;-)))))