ben

Default Looking for low-energy bulb with small-screw

Pierre-Philippe Ravier wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for a website (or a real place, why not) selling
low-enerhy bulbs which have a small-screw cap. I think this is also
called a small-Edison cap.

Unfortunately I have never seen this in a shop, entierh on a web-site.
I see a lot of low-energu bulb with either the bayonett or the big
screw. Nothing with the small screw...

Do you have an idea of where I could find this ?

They have them in our local B&Q superstore. Other places such as online
suppliers (RS, etc) tend to have a limited range with only low wattages
available.

BigWallop

"Pierre-Philippe Ravier" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am looking for a website (or a real place, why not) selling
low-enerhy bulbs which have a small-screw cap. I think this is also
called a small-Edison cap.

Unfortunately I have never seen this in a shop, entierh on a web-site.
I see a lot of low-energu bulb with either the bayonett or the big
screw. Nothing with the small screw...

Do you have an idea of where I could find this ?

http://tinyurl.com/gpbt

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Keith D

Hi,
In my experience Ikea's low energy bulbs last about 5 days. This was a
few years ago though. I know they're cheap but at that rate you may as well
go to B&Q and spend a wee bit more.

Cheers,
Keith
In ,
an infinite number of Andy Dingleys, in an attempt to produce the entire
works of Shakespeare, typed:
On 11 Jul 2003 15:59:05 -0700, (Pierre-Philippe
Ravier) wrote:

I am looking for a website (or a real place, why not) selling
low-enerhy bulbs which have a small-screw cap.

Ikea. Yes, they have small Edison screw too.

Andy Dingley

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:16:07 GMT, "Keith D" munged @ munged . com
wrote:

In my experience Ikea's low energy bulbs last about 5 days.

IMHE, they're up to 3 1/2 years (how long I've been in this place).
OTOH, all of the slightly larger Phillips I put in at the same time
have now failed. YMMV

Abso

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Pierre-Philippe Ravier" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am looking for a website (or a real place, why not) selling
low-enerhy bulbs which have a small-screw cap. I think this is also
called a small-Edison cap.

Unfortunately I have never seen this in a shop, entierh on a web-site.
I see a lot of low-energu bulb with either the bayonett or the big
screw. Nothing with the small screw...

Do you have an idea of where I could find this ?

http://tinyurl.com/gpbt

One of the lamps on that page is described as an energy saver eqivalent
of a 40 watts lamp ES base R80 - can anyone tell me how this differs from an
R50 fitting type? I suppose I can't use the R80 if I have an R50 track? I've
not seen low energy R50 spots, do such things exist? Ta.

BigWallop

"Abso" wrote in message
"BigWallop" wrote in message

[...]

Same page nearer the bottom.

http://tinyurl.com/gpxj

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Pierre-Philippe Ravier wrote:
I am looking for a website (or a real place, why not) selling
low-enerhy bulbs which have a small-screw cap. I think this is also
called a small-Edison cap.

IKEA seem to be about the largest stockists of all things Edison screw.

--
*Black holes are where God divided by zero *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Abso

"BigWallop" wrote in message
news

"Abso" wrote in message
"BigWallop" wrote in message

snip
http://tinyurl.com/gpbt

One of the lamps on that page is described as an energy saver

eqivalent
of a 40 watts lamp ES base R80 - can anyone tell me how this differs from

an
R50 fitting type? I suppose I can't use the R80 if I have an R50 track?

I've
not seen low energy R50 spots, do such things exist? Ta.

Same page nearer the bottom.

http://tinyurl.com/gpxj

Ummm, that appears to be an R80, not an R50.

--
Abso

R P McMurphy

Ikea do em.

rpm

BigWallop

"Abso" wrote in message
"BigWallop" wrote in message
news

"Abso" wrote in message
"BigWallop" wrote in message

snip
http://tinyurl.com/gpbt

One of the lamps on that page is described as an energy saver

eqivalent
of a 40 watts lamp ES base R80 - can anyone tell me how this differs

from
an
R50 fitting type? I suppose I can't use the R80 if I have an R50

track?
I've
not seen low energy R50 spots, do such things exist? Ta.

Same page nearer the bottom.

http://tinyurl.com/gpxj

Ummm, that appears to be an R80, not an R50.

Abso

Don't it do the same job ?