Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacement glass and blanking panel

I want to replace the double glazing units in my windows, (not the
uPVC frame just the glass), can anyone recommend any websites that I
can give some sizes too and get a quote. Also need to replace one
blanking panel as well.

Any thoughts?!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Quiggles wrote:

I want to replace the double glazing units in my windows, (not the
uPVC frame just the glass), can anyone recommend any websites that I
can give some sizes too and get a quote. Also need to replace one
blanking panel as well.

No point on getting quotes from web based Co.'s as the delivery charge
will be a lot.
Find a local glazing company, and ask them their cost. Dont bother with
Window Companys, you want Glaziers.
I've done a few in the last year, typical price for a 1 metre by 400mm
DG unit, 4mm both sheets, plain glass, around £20. Double the price for
toughened glass.
I fitted a upvc bottom door panel a few weeks ago, roughly £35 iirc for
a good quality panel to replace a 24mm DG unit. Cheaper ones are
available, but they are crap I was told.
Alan.

blanking caps and blanking discs Stephen[_2_] UK diy 11 August 30th 08 02:53 PM
Additional Glass Panel Howard Home Repair 3 November 19th 06 12:15 PM
glass panel doors trs80 Woodworking 7 November 13th 06 04:46 PM
Replacement of Molding Around Glass Panel on Front Door [email protected] Home Repair 3 September 24th 06 09:05 PM