Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ceiling cracks

As lots of peeps I have cracks on my ceiling where plaster boards join.
Normally I dig these out a little then fill with plaster, this does not
last too long. What are other peeps preferred way of dealing with this
please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:
As lots of peeps I have cracks on my ceiling where plaster boards join.
Normally I dig these out a little then fill with plaster, this does not
last too long. What are other peeps preferred way of dealing with this
please?

fill with decorators caulk instead.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback coughed up some electrons that declared:

As lots of peeps I have cracks on my ceiling where plaster boards join.
Normally I dig these out a little then fill with plaster, this does not
last too long. What are other peeps preferred way of dealing with this
please?

I've had some luck daubing PVA in to cracks on plaster as it tends to glue
the edges together. Perhaps start with a 2:1 dilution with water to get it
soaked in, then brush some neat in, depending on how big the crack is.

Sounds like the original joint wasn't taped?

Cheers

Tim

Cracks between ceiling & walls! Adrian UK diy 6 September 25th 08 08:11 AM
Cracks In Ceiling Dick Home Repair 3 November 1st 06 10:10 PM
ceiling cracks James UK diy 1 February 28th 06 01:51 PM
Ceiling cracks: using grout? [email protected] UK diy 10 March 15th 05 04:39 PM
Cracks in ceiling..advice? lucy Home Ownership 4 May 11th 04 05:17 AM