Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Which combination ladder?

I need some sort of combi ladder - primarily for decorating the hall,
stairs, landing. (Ours are very ordinary stairs with two mini-landings
and, of course, three flights.) But the other ways of using them might
also be useful in unpredictable ways. Weight isn't very important to me
- but would be if partner ever needs to move them!

So I set to and found Screwfix offering this:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/66861/Access-Storage/Combination-Ladder/3-Way-Ladder

And Wickes offering these:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Combination-Ladders/Professional-3-Way-Combi-Ladder/invt/170004

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Combination-Ladders/Professional-Multi-Purpose-Ladder/invt/530198

And now Lidl come along with:

Multi-purpose Ladder
Lightweight aluminium frame. With safety lock. Single ladder extends
from (m): 2.51 - 4.19. A-shape ladder extends from (m): 1.24 - 2.01.
With practical tool compartment. Price per item. 58.71*

(Currently not on their website - I guess the newsletter went out a day
early this week. Supposedly available from 02/01/08.)

So - all four are within a penny of each other. All can be picked up or
delivered fairly easily. The ones with reviews all seem to get quite
positive comments.

So which should I get? Any other suggestions?

(Yes - I should have got the cheaper one on offer at Screwfix earlier in
the year.)

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
[...]

not this one
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZhMfzc9RbU

--
Kevin R
Reply address works
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
[...]

Screwfix 59020 seems to be a goodun

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

wrote:
Rod wrote:
[...]

When I searched SF the other day, I found that one. But yesterday -
didn't seem to! Thought I had misremembered there being two at SF.

Thanks.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
I need some sort of combi ladder - primarily for decorating the hall,
stairs, landing. SNIP

I have this one from Wickes. Unlike the other two it folds at three points
rather than just one.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Combination-Ladders/Professional-Multi-Purpose-Ladder/invt/530198

This site has some better photos showing the various combinations possible
http://cheaper-online.co.uk/large-al...FUog3godBlntCw

You might be able to blag a 20% off voucher from Wickes.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 20:41:50 +0000, Kevin
wrote:

not this one
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZhMfzc9RbU

Anyone else noticed how the center hinge joint seems to have been
bodged (holes out of line with the hinge etc)? 10-15 seconds in.

Cheers, T i m

Ladder Stabilizer For Extension Ladder Question Robert11 Home Repair 16 October 18th 14 01:07 PM
combination boiler dave UK diy 2 May 17th 05 02:43 PM
Primatic to Combination Eunos UK diy 2 April 2nd 05 11:28 PM
What's a combination saw? Paper2002AD UK diy 4 November 9th 04 04:58 PM
Combination Boilers David Tate UK diy 3 July 8th 03 09:14 AM