Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Carron Phoenix sink

I'm fitting a new kitchen and the sink is one of the granite look ones - not
real granite - some sort of composite. It doesn't have tap holes, just two
circles part drilled through the underside. Instructions are to knock out in
the required position using a punch.

Having done this I'm left with a jagged hole that is too small for the tap
tails, not the nice round aperture that presumably should have happened. No
amount of filing is making any appreciable difference.

Any ideas on where I go from here. Washing up after Christmas lunch is
likely to be in a bucket on the floor at this rate.

Thanks

JC

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
et...
Bald eagle wrote:
I'm fitting a new kitchen and the sink is one of the granite look ones -
not real granite - some sort of composite. It doesn't have tap holes,
just two circles part drilled through the underside. Instructions are to
knock out in the required position using a punch.
Having done this I'm left with a jagged hole that is too small for the
tap tails, not the nice round aperture that presumably should have
happened. No amount of filing is making any appreciable difference.

A different type of file? Some sort of drilly thing?

At least it didn't leave jagged holes that were too big for the tap tails.

Owain

Used a round file that fitted in a drill bit. The file is now smooth! Will
try to get a diamond file from Screwfix later today.