Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Weird customer

He spent all afternoon complaining about his big fuel bills and how he has
now fitted low energy lamps thoughout the house to save money. I spent the
afternoon installing a supply for his two new electric patio heaters.

I suppose I could have enlightened him but I thought sod it. The money
earned will buy but the girlfriends Xmas present.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In an earlier contribution to this discussion, ARWadsworth
wrote:
He spent all afternoon complaining about his big fuel bills and how
he has now fitted low energy lamps thoughout the house to save money.
I spent the afternoon installing a supply for his two new electric
patio heaters.

I suppose I could have enlightened him but I thought sod it. The money
earned will buy but the girlfriends Xmas present.

Adam

There's none so strange as folk . . .

--
Cheers,
WK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
He spent all afternoon complaining about his big fuel bills and how
he has now fitted low energy lamps throughout the house to save money.
I spent the afternoon installing a supply for his two new electric
patio heaters.

I suppose I could have enlightened him but I thought sod it. The money
earned will buy but the girlfriends Xmas present.

Adam

There's none so strange as folk . . .

--
Cheers,
WK

Part of it may be and an attitude seen elsewhere; "Look at me. See how
I can afford this large/expensive and wasteful house!". Same thing
goes for outdoor pools and 'hot tubs' etc.

We agree mightily about wasteful energy use; for example, low energy
lamps, within the house, here where we use hydro generated electrcity
(at around the equiv of about 5p per kwhr. for heating and everything
else) does not make any sense. It merely means that the electric
heating, no matter what type of system, operates a little more while
the lights dissipate less heat than 'old fashioned' incandescents.
Incandescents which cost about 25 cents each bulb, sales tax included.
Few days ago changed one in the bathroom referred to; the previuos
change of one bulb of the six, each time, had been in October 2006 and
sometime in spring of 2008.
We have a bathroom with a row of six 40 watt bulbs above the vanity
mirror. When they are on, such as when bathroom is in use, the 500
watt electric baseboard heater rarely operates!

..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Couldn't agree more. The flat I'm staying in at present has all-
electric heating, powered by hydro generated electricity. It's far
enough north such that when I don't need the heating, I go to sleep in
bright daylight and wake in bright daylight, and so don't need the
lights either. There's very little argument for fluorescents here.
Replacing the space heating with heat pumps is another question
though.

Cheers,

Sid

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 22, 1:15*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
He spent all afternoon complaining about his big fuel bills and how he has
now fitted low energy lamps thoughout the house to save money. I spent the
afternoon installing a supply for his two new electric patio heaters.

I suppose I could have enlightened him but I thought sod it. The money
earned will buy but the girlfriends Xmas present.

Adam

He probably thinks his new electric heaters are more efficent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ransley wrote:
On Dec 22, 1:15 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
He spent all afternoon complaining about his big fuel bills and how he has
now fitted low energy lamps thoughout the house to save money. I spent the
afternoon installing a supply for his two new electric patio heaters.

I suppose I could have enlightened him but I thought sod it. The money
earned will buy but the girlfriends Xmas present.

Adam

He probably thinks his new electric heaters are more efficent.

Well they are. Electric heaters are virtually 100% efficient!

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
ransley wrote:
On Dec 22, 1:15 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
He spent all afternoon complaining about his big fuel bills and how he

has
now fitted low energy lamps thoughout the house to save money. I spent

the
afternoon installing a supply for his two new electric patio heaters.

I suppose I could have enlightened him but I thought sod it. The money
earned will buy but the girlfriends Xmas present.

Adam

He probably thinks his new electric heaters are more efficent.

Well they are. Electric heaters are virtually 100% efficient!

Bob

They were 100% efficent in buying my girlfriend a new watch:-)

Merry Christmas

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ransley" wrote in message
On Dec 22, 1:15 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
He spent all afternoon complaining about his big fuel bills and how he
has
now fitted low energy lamps thoughout the house to save money. I spent
the
afternoon installing a supply for his two new electric patio heaters.

I suppose I could have enlightened him but I thought sod it. The money
earned will buy but the girlfriends Xmas present.

Adam

He probably thinks his new electric heaters are more efficent.

They are!

Odd Request from Customer evodawg Woodworking 17 June 8th 08 03:53 AM
Happy customer Una Woodworking 11 December 29th 06 11:42 PM
Customer service Jim Hall Woodturning 0 November 10th 06 03:05 PM
LN Customer Service Tom Banes Woodworking 20 July 26th 05 12:51 AM