Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default low pressure reset switch?

Hi,

I have a saunier duval system 400 boiler. Came home today and the low
pressure light was on. Did a radiator bleed and re-pressurised the
system, but the light won't go off. I'm guessing there is a reset
switch I need to hit? Does anyone know where it might be hidden? I
have no manual

Thanks.

Craig
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Dec, 23:14, William McNicol wrote:
wrote:
Hi,

I have a saunier duval system 400 boiler. *Came home today and the low
pressure light was on. *Did a radiator bleed and re-pressurised the
system, but the light won't go off. *I'm guessing there is a reset
switch I need to hit? *Does anyone know where it might be hidden? *I
have no manual

No idea if you've looked he
*http://www.saunier-duval.co.uk/servi...noncurrent.asp
or
*http://www.saunier-duval.co.uk/servi...on_current.asp

but the one I picked (I didn't see your model) showed a little depressed
reset switch just under the red fault light....

Cheers,

william.

Thanks.

Craig

Hi William,

is it like a plastic x-shaped rod within a plastic round, threaded
cylinder? If so, I found that, but it didn't 'press'

Craig
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Have taken a pic of the switch.

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs434&d=08516&..._switch127.jpg

Looks a bit mashed up so could be dodgy. As I said, I can press it
but it doesn't click.

Craig
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

D'oh, just realised it should be jutting out eh? Well, it's not, and
the low pressure light is on, even though there is just over 1.5 bar
in the system, cold. Sounds like it's engineer time.

Craig

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Hi,

I have a saunier duval system 400 boiler. Came home today and the
low pressure light was on. Did a radiator bleed and re-pressurised
the system, but the light won't go off. I'm guessing there is a
reset switch I need to hit? Does anyone know where it might be
hidden? I have no manual No idea if you've looked he
http://www.saunier-duval.co.uk/servi...noncurrent.asp
or
http://www.saunier-duval.co.uk/servi...on_current.asp

but the one I picked (I didn't see your model) showed a little
depressed reset switch just under the red fault light....

Cheers,

william.

Thanks.

Craig

Hi William,

is it like a plastic x-shaped rod within a plastic round, threaded
cylinder? If so, I found that, but it didn't 'press'

Craig

Have taken a pic of the switch.

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs434&d=08516&..._switch127.jpg

Looks a bit mashed up so could be dodgy. As I said, I can press it
but it doesn't click.

Craig

That look just like the over-heat trip switch on my (different make/model)
boiler. When it trips, the central part pops out (which yours doesn't appear
to have done) and has to be pressed in again.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Hi,

I have a saunier duval system 400 boiler. Came home today and the low
pressure light was on. Did a radiator bleed and re-pressurised the
system, but the light won't go off. I'm guessing there is a reset
switch I need to hit? Does anyone know where it might be hidden? I
have no manual

I assume you've tried turning the boiler mains off and on again?

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 21, 1:44*pm, "Tim Downie"
wrote:
wrote in message

Hi,

I have a saunier duval system 400 boiler. *Came home today and the low
pressure light was on. *Did a radiator bleed and re-pressurised the
system, but the light won't go off. *I'm guessing there is a reset
switch I need to hit? *Does anyone know where it might be hidden? *I
have no manual

I assume you've tried turning the boiler mains off and on again?

Tim

Yeah, cut all power to the flat. Only left it 30 seconds though,
might try a bit longer.

Cheers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 21, 2:01*pm, wrote:
On Dec 21, 1:44*pm, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

wrote in message

Hi,

I have a saunier duval system 400 boiler. *Came home today and the low
pressure light was on. *Did a radiator bleed and re-pressurised the
system, but the light won't go off. *I'm guessing there is a reset
switch I need to hit? *Does anyone know where it might be hidden? *I
have no manual

I assume you've tried turning the boiler mains off and on again?

Tim

Yeah, cut all power to the flat. *Only left it 30 seconds though,
might try a bit longer.

Cheers.

Okay, had all power off for a good ten minutes that time, still no
joy.

Craig

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Dec 21, 2:01 pm, wrote:
On Dec 21, 1:44 pm, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

wrote in message

Hi,

I have a saunier duval system 400 boiler. Came home today and the low
pressure light was on. Did a radiator bleed and re-pressurised the
system, but the light won't go off. I'm guessing there is a reset
switch I need to hit? Does anyone know where it might be hidden? I
have no manual

I assume you've tried turning the boiler mains off and on again?

Tim

Yeah, cut all power to the flat. Only left it 30 seconds though,
might try a bit longer.

Well if your boiler is anything like this one
http://www.saunier-duval.co.uk/manua...on_SDsb30e.pdf
it doesn't seem it should need any sort of resetting for low pressure. It
comes down to a pressure sensor fault or a PCB problem.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 21, 7:09*pm, geoff wrote:
In message , Roger Mills
writes

Have taken a pic of the switch.

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs434&d=08516&..._switch127.jpg

Looks a bit mashed up so could be dodgy. *As I said, I can press it
but it doesn't click.

Craig

That look just like the over-heat trip switch on my (different make/model)
boiler. When it trips, the central part pops out (which yours doesn't appear
to have done) and has to be pressed in again.

wot e sed

--
geoff

yeah, but if it ain't popped, I can't press it. oh well, popper must
be busted!

hopefully got someone seeing it tomorrow. will post back results.

Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 21, 7:09 pm, geoff wrote:
In message , Roger Mills
writes

Have taken a pic of the switch.

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs434&d=08516&..._switch127.jpg

Looks a bit mashed up so could be dodgy. As I said, I can press it
but it doesn't click.

Craig

That look just like the over-heat trip switch on my (different
make/model) boiler. When it trips, the central part pops out (which
yours doesn't appear to have done) and has to be pressed in again.

wot e sed

--
geoff

yeah, but if it ain't popped, I can't press it. oh well, popper must
be busted!

No! It ain't popped because it's an overheat trip, and your boiler hasn't
overheated.

This button is *not* related to your pressure problem.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 21, 9:13*pm, "Roger Mills" wrote:

*wrote:
On Dec 21, 7:09 pm, geoff wrote:
In message , Roger Mills
writes

[...]

Hi Roger,

Thanks for clarifying, I thought it was a generic reset as that's how
it seems to be described in most places!

Craig

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 21, 11:20*pm, wrote:
On Dec 21, 9:13*pm, "Roger Mills" wrote:

*wrote:
On Dec 21, 7:09 pm, geoff wrote:
In message , Roger Mills
writes

[...]

I said I'd post back the result so here it is. The pressure switch
was fine. There was a blockage at the vessel leading to the switch.

Thanks all.

Craig

Cheap air pressure switch? Tom Gardner[_3_] Metalworking 13 September 19th 08 05:05 AM
Pressure switch Bob Home Repair 1 December 10th 06 04:13 AM
Well pressure switch Kent McPherson Home Repair 9 November 16th 05 04:36 PM
? pressure switch mounting ? wahzoo Home Repair 6 February 14th 04 03:10 PM
Is there fuse/reset switch on Rheem air handelers? [email protected] Home Repair 0 September 8th 03 10:48 PM