wahzoo

Default ? pressure switch mounting ?

Does it really matter at what height the pressure switch is mounted?

I always see it mounted near the bottom of the pressure tank, but I'd
rather have it at eye level.

My setup: a 3-wire submersible pump, a diaphram type pressure tank, a
Franklin pump control box, a SquareD 9013 class pressure switch. The
pump control box is wired between the pump and the presure switch.
The water line is comming in near grade level to the basement and
dropping down to the mechanicals.

Lastly but less important, what is a "pulsation plug"? This is
mentioned as an option on the SquareD pressure switches.

--wahzoo
Gary Slusser

"wahzoo" wrote
Does it really matter at what height the pressure switch is mounted?

I always see it mounted near the bottom of the pressure tank, but I'd
rather have it at eye level.

My setup: a 3-wire submersible pump, a diaphram type pressure tank, a
Franklin pump control box, a SquareD 9013 class pressure switch. The
pump control box is wired between the pump and the presure switch.
The water line is comming in near grade level to the basement and
dropping down to the mechanicals.

Lastly but less important, what is a "pulsation plug"? This is
mentioned as an option on the SquareD pressure switches.

--wahzoo

Assuming you have a submersible pump because otherwise the switch would be
on you jet pump.... You say switch, why would you want the switch at eye
level? You wire it up, install the cover and forget it for years. Now if you
want to move something you should use fairly frequently and is difficult to
see where it's usually mounted, move the pressure gauge.

Gary
Quality Water Associates
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Gary Slusser's Bulletin Board www.qualitywaterassociates.com/phpBB2/

Gary Slusser

"Nick Hull" wrote .
In article ,
(wahzoo) wrote:

Does it really matter at what height the pressure switch is mounted?

Mount it at any height. The higher the height, the higher the pressure,
1/2 pound/ft

--
free men own guns - slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Actually this doesn't apply here but... the higher the height of the gauge,
the LOWER the pressure, by .433#/ft. No?