Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Meter tails bigger than 35mm

Can anyone point me to a source of meter tails bigger than 35mm? I'm
having a three phase 160amp per phase supply to a workshop, need
probably 50mm tails (anyone able to confirm??) but no one seems to
stock it. Any pointers gratefully received.

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew Mawson wrote:
Can anyone point me to a source of meter tails bigger than 35mm? I'm
having a three phase 160amp per phase supply to a workshop, need
probably 50mm tails (anyone able to confirm??) but no one seems to
stock it. Any pointers gratefully received.

TLC will supply it in cut lengths - but to order as branches don't stock
it.

--
*Organized Crime Is Alive And Well; It's Called Auto Insurance.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Mawson wrote:
Can anyone point me to a source of meter tails bigger than 35mm? I'm
having a three phase 160amp per phase supply to a workshop, need
probably 50mm tails (anyone able to confirm??)

Table 4D1A, 70 deg. PVC singles, Ref. method F (free air or perforated
tray), 3-phase, cables touching in trefoil formation:

- 35 mm^2 - 137 amps
- 50 mm^2 - 167 amps
- 70 mm^2 - 216 amps.

but no one seems to stock it. Any pointers gratefully received.

Try the more industrial orientated wholesalers like Newey & Eyre or CSE
(http://cse-distributors.co.uk/cable/index.htm).

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
Andrew Mawson wrote:
Can anyone point me to a source of meter tails bigger than 35mm?

I'm
having a three phase 160amp per phase supply to a workshop, need
probably 50mm tails (anyone able to confirm??)

Table 4D1A, 70 deg. PVC singles, Ref. method F (free air or

perforated
tray), 3-phase, cables touching in trefoil formation:

- 35 mm^2 - 137 amps
- 50 mm^2 - 167 amps
- 70 mm^2 - 216 amps.

but no one seems to stock it. Any pointers gratefully received.

Try the more industrial orientated wholesalers like Newey & Eyre or

CSE
(http://cse-distributors.co.uk/cable/index.htm).

--
Andy

Andy thanks for that. Is there a derating factor as its in 100mm
square pvc trunking or does that count as free air?

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Mawson wrote:

Andy thanks for that. Is there a derating factor as its in 100mm
square pvc trunking or does that count as free air?

You'll be needing 70 mm^2 then...

Table 4D1A, ref. method B (enclosed in conduit or trunking on a
non-thermally-insulating wall), 3 or 4 cables 3-ph AC:

- 35 mm^2 - 110 amps
- 50 mm^2 - 134 amps
- 70 mm^2 - 171 amps
- 95 mm^2 - 207 amps

--
Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 Dec, 09:11, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
Can anyone point me to a source of meter tails bigger than 35mm? I'm
having a three phase 160amp per phase supply to a workshop, need
probably 50mm tails (anyone able to confirm??) but no one seems to
stock it. Any pointers gratefully received.

AWEM

City Electrical Factors.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On 19 Dec, 09:11, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
Can anyone point me to a source of meter tails bigger than 35mm?

I'm
having a three phase 160amp per phase supply to a workshop, need
probably 50mm tails (anyone able to confirm??) but no one seems to
stock it. Any pointers gratefully received.

AWEM

City Electrical Factors.

Thanks Mark, TLC have got them for me - should arrive Mon/Tuesday -
ended up having to use 70mm

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Mawson wrote:
wrote in message
On 19 Dec, 09:11, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
Can anyone point me to a source of meter tails bigger than 35mm?

I'm
having a three phase 160amp per phase supply to a workshop, need
probably 50mm tails (anyone able to confirm??) but no one seems to
stock it. Any pointers gratefully received.

AWEM

City Electrical Factors.

Thanks Mark, TLC have got them for me - should arrive Mon/Tuesday -
ended up having to use 70mm

Good luck bending the buggers ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 03:03:19 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Andrew Mawson wrote:
wrote in message
On 19 Dec, 09:11, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
Can anyone point me to a source of meter tails bigger than 35mm?

I'm
having a three phase 160amp per phase supply to a workshop, need
probably 50mm tails (anyone able to confirm??) but no one seems to
stock it. Any pointers gratefully received.

AWEM
City Electrical Factors.

Thanks Mark, TLC have got them for me - should arrive Mon/Tuesday -
ended up having to use 70mm

Good luck bending the buggers ;-)

Linesmen used to use extra large ring spanners[1] to get sets into the
Henlite[2] cables for connection onto pole transformers.

[1] 3/4 x 7/8 whit from memory
[2] Trade name, insulated and sheathed Ali cable, largest size used to be
120mm˛ I think.

--

The Wanderer

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool
Than to open it and remove all doubt (Mark Twain)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"The. Wanderer" writes:
Linesmen used to use extra large ring spanners[1] to get sets into the
Henlite[2] cables for connection onto pole transformers.

[1] 3/4 x 7/8 whit from memory
[2] Trade name, insulated and sheathed Ali cable, largest size used to be
120mm˛ I think.

I've got a piece of 150mm˛ here (11kV)...
It's only 14" long so you can't get much leverage,
but might as well be rock solid (overall dia = 31mm).

--
Andrew Gabriel

Extending meter tails Sam Farrell[_2_] UK diy 4 August 1st 08 08:57 PM
joining meter tails Staffbull UK diy 115 September 25th 06 12:02 PM
Parallel METER TAILS ad UK diy 6 April 3rd 06 09:11 PM
Meter tails Hugh UK diy 4 July 13th 05 02:02 PM
Meter Tails Christian McArdle UK diy 15 November 17th 04 08:37 PM