Posted to uk.d-i-y
The. Wanderer The. Wanderer is offline

Default Meter tails bigger than 35mm

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 03:03:19 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Andrew Mawson wrote:
wrote in message
On 19 Dec, 09:11, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
Can anyone point me to a source of meter tails bigger than 35mm?

I'm
having a three phase 160amp per phase supply to a workshop, need
probably 50mm tails (anyone able to confirm??) but no one seems to
stock it. Any pointers gratefully received.

AWEM
City Electrical Factors.

Thanks Mark, TLC have got them for me - should arrive Mon/Tuesday -
ended up having to use 70mm

Good luck bending the buggers ;-)

Linesmen used to use extra large ring spanners[1] to get sets into the
Henlite[2] cables for connection onto pole transformers.

[1] 3/4 x 7/8 whit from memory
[2] Trade name, insulated and sheathed Ali cable, largest size used to be
120mm˛ I think.

--

The Wanderer

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool
Than to open it and remove all doubt (Mark Twain)