Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vokera boiler fault code 10 gas supply

Hi Group,

We have bulk propane supplied to our house. Just had a delivery
yesterday (full tank)
and when I looked at the boiler it was reading fault code 10 (gas
supply).
I reset the boiler and ran the gas rings on the cooker thinking
there might be some problem with the gas.
After a few resets of the boiler the boiler did manager to get going
and then ran ok all that evening.
However this morning the boiler started up but then must have
tripped out with fault code 10 gas supply again. I have now
reset the boiler and it seems to be heating ok again.

Any thoughts on what might be causing it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Hi Group,

We have bulk propane supplied to our house. Just had a delivery
yesterday (full tank)
and when I looked at the boiler it was reading fault code 10 (gas
supply).
I reset the boiler and ran the gas rings on the cooker thinking
there might be some problem with the gas.
After a few resets of the boiler the boiler did manager to get going
and then ran ok all that evening.
However this morning the boiler started up but then must have
tripped out with fault code 10 gas supply again. I have now
reset the boiler and it seems to be heating ok again.

Any thoughts on what might be causing it.

What does your boiler manual say the fault code means?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yellow wrote:
wrote in message
Hi Group,

We have bulk propane supplied to our house. Just had a delivery
yesterday (full tank)
and when I looked at the boiler it was reading fault code 10 (gas
supply).
I reset the boiler and ran the gas rings on the cooker thinking
there might be some problem with the gas.
After a few resets of the boiler the boiler did manager to get going
and then ran ok all that evening.
However this morning the boiler started up but then must have
tripped out with fault code 10 gas supply again. I have now
reset the boiler and it seems to be heating ok again.

Any thoughts on what might be causing it.

What does your boiler manual say the fault code means?

I'm guessing from the subject line and message content that it means a gas
supply fault. ;-)

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Hi Group,

We have bulk propane supplied to our house. Just had a delivery
yesterday (full tank)
and when I looked at the boiler it was reading fault code 10 (gas
supply).
I reset the boiler and ran the gas rings on the cooker thinking
there might be some problem with the gas.
After a few resets of the boiler the boiler did manager to get going
and then ran ok all that evening.
However this morning the boiler started up but then must have
tripped out with fault code 10 gas supply again. I have now
reset the boiler and it seems to be heating ok again.

Any thoughts on what might be causing it.

I guess it's a question of determining if it's a genuine gas supply fault or
a sensor/pcb problem with your boiler.

Have you noticed any change in flame size or any unexpected flame
fluctuations in you gas ring? If so it would point to a regulator fault.
If not then it would seem that the fault would have to lie with your boiler.

Which model is it though? I've looked at one model (Linea HE) and code 10
is a general ignition fault code, not a gas supply fault code.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Vokera Mynute HE
Looking at a different part of the install manual I see AL10 is
Ignition failure/not
flame sensed, condense sensor activated
Strangely it did the same thing this evening going straight to fault
code 10.
However I tried a number of resets with no luck. My partner went
downstairs
and put the gas rings on the oven then next reset and the boiler
started ok.
I seem to remember I had similar problems to this last time the tank
was filled.
It's a big tank so it lasts a year.
Maybe I should reset the regulator on the tank. Or is there a
regulator
on the boiler as well?

I'm kind of surprised that the usual suspects haven't jumped in yet on this
thread but you're welcome to my uninformed opinion. ;-)

Common things being common, you'd have to plump with a boiler fault over a
gas supply problem. Having said that, the fact that you've had this problem
before after the tank has been filled raises the possibility of a gas supply
problem. Regulators are normally pretty reliable and I can't imagine why
filling the tank should make a difference but then again, I can't see why
turning on the hob should make a difference *unless* it's a supply problem.
(Pressure too high perhaps?).

Might be worth ringing Calor to see if they have anything to say on the
matter (although I suspect they'll say it couldn't possibly be anything to
do with them).

Good luck!

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 18, 9:12*pm, "Tim Downie"
[...]

Tim- Hide quoted text -

Same problem again this morning boiler wouldn't light.
I took the cover off and seems the flame lights nice and blue but
then after a while goes orange and then goes out.
Seems strange the boiler was working perfectly until
the tank was filled.

Vokera Linea 24 fault Dave P[_2_] UK diy 3 January 5th 08 09:20 PM
error code on Vokera boiler? [email protected] UK diy 1 September 23rd 06 02:35 PM
vaillant fault code 80 Jim UK diy 1 November 11th 05 07:58 PM
vaillant fault code 80 Jim UK diy 2 November 6th 05 09:11 PM
Vokera Combi - switching off water supply [email protected] UK diy 0 August 10th 05 09:47 AM