Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Primer/undercoat/topcoat

I've just painted my new shed with primer. Would you recommend using an
undercoat next, or going straight to the required topcoat?

Thanks,

Daniele
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
I've just painted my new shed with primer. Would you recommend using an
undercoat next, or going straight to the required topcoat?

Assuming the shed is outside, and you want the finish to last, I suggest you
follow the paint manufacturer's recommendations. Which, for most paints,
includes undercoat.

Edward

Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M. Procida wrote:
I've just painted my new shed with primer. Would you recommend using an
undercoat next, or going straight to the required topcoat?

Thanks,

Daniele

PRIMER=what will key to te subsrte and seal it and key to teh paint
UNDERCOAT=where most of the pigmentaton normally resides
TOPCOAT= a surface more or less resiastant to whatever it is you want it
to be resistant to.

Now many paint do two or three of those functions. exterior emulsion
comes to mind.

So its really down to the paint formulation itself. consult manufacturer.