Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM GMM is offline

Default Tap and sink

Finally getting to fitting the sink in my d/stairs bog. The sink is a
B+Q 'to go' cloakroom job with a single tap hole while the tap is a
mixer supplied with a Hyco vented water heater (looks like a monobloc
but the hot control lets water through to the heater, displacing water
from the heater unit).

Anyway, the hole in the sink is slightly conical at the top, while the
base of the tap has a rubber O-ring. When I tighten the bolt that
holds it all together, the tap slips out of the vertical into the
dished/conical top of the hole, so won't sit straight. I don't think
there's anything missing from the kit - it's more likely that the B+Q
sink is carp - and the only way I can see to keep things right is to
put something between the tap and the sink to stop it, for example a
flat plastic washer. This looks like a bodge, even though the washer
is translucent, but I could try trimming it once the whole thing's in
place. Alternatively, I could be missing something here so I thought
I'd post and ask if anyone had come across this problem and had a
better solution.

All the best

Installing Laundry Sink in basement, do I need a sink pump? [email protected] Home Repair 8 February 19th 07 04:22 PM
New sink Charlie Bress Home Repair 5 February 15th 07 07:41 AM
A sink of my own kevin Home Ownership 2 May 28th 05 02:17 PM
Removing a sink stopper to clean sink trap Brian O Home Repair 2 March 3rd 05 11:08 PM
kitchen sink problem: want single-flow crosstop deck sink mixer... but height clearance limited james UK diy 6 March 30th 04 02:43 PM