Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Consumer unit cover

New builds are still going up at a rate of knots around here. Very common
request, can you build a small cupboard around the consumer unit - they tend
to fit them in dining rooms, kitchens etc.

Is there a commercially available cover that can just be slipped over &
fixed to the wall?

It would save me making up something from MDF.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:
New builds are still going up at a rate of knots around here. Very common
request, can you build a small cupboard around the consumer unit - they tend
to fit them in dining rooms, kitchens etc.

Is there a commercially available cover that can just be slipped over &
fixed to the wall?

It would save me making up something from MDF.

A small kitchen wall cupboard with a door to match room decor?

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. ..
New builds are still going up at a rate of knots around here. Very common
request, can you build a small cupboard around the consumer unit - they

tend
to fit them in dining rooms, kitchens etc.

Is there a commercially available cover that can just be slipped over &
fixed to the wall?

It would save me making up something from MDF.

Dave - The Medway Handyman

It depends on the size of the CU, Dave. There are so many different sizes,
shapes and install situations, that stocking such things would take a
warehouse the size of Yorkshire to keep the right for every situation.

So it's out with saw and tape measure again, my man. :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 21:37:21 UTC, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

New builds are still going up at a rate of knots around here. Very common
request, can you build a small cupboard around the consumer unit - they tend
to fit them in dining rooms, kitchens etc.

Is there a commercially available cover that can just be slipped over &
fixed to the wall?

It would save me making up something from MDF.

Small radiator cover?

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

New builds are still going up at a rate of knots around here. Very
common
request, can you build a small cupboard around the consumer unit - they
tend
to fit them in dining rooms, kitchens etc.

Is there a commercially available cover that can just be slipped over &
fixed to the wall?

It would save me making up something from MDF.

Small radiator cover?

http://www.diybanter.com

But they look interesting. I polish mine with Mr Sheen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 21:37:21 GMT The Medway Handyman wrote :
New builds are still going up at a rate of knots around here. Very common
request, can you build a small cupboard around the consumer unit - they tend
to fit them in dining rooms, kitchens etc.

Is there a commercially available cover that can just be slipped over &
fixed to the wall?

I cut a B&Q wall cupboard down to half depth

--
Tony Bryer, 'Software to build on' from Greentram
www.superbeam.co.uk www.superbeam.com www.greentram.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Medway
Handyman scribeth thus
New builds are still going up at a rate of knots around here.

Blimey!..

Are they selling them though?....

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 10, 10:13 am, tony sayer wrote:
In article , The Medway
Handyman scribeth thus

New builds are still going up at a rate of knots around here.

Blimey!..

Are they selling them though?....

Well ...

It isn't the developers that are asking TMH to fit a cover over the
CU, so presumably (at least, so far ...)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
In article , The Medway
Handyman scribeth thus
New builds are still going up at a rate of knots around here.

Blimey!..

Are they selling them though?....

Thats slowed down obviously, but they are completing the part built ones and
offering much reduced prices. Being in the London commuter belt helps a
lot.

Now selling them at more sensible prices of course...

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Medway
Handyman scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:
In article , The Medway
Handyman scribeth thus
New builds are still going up at a rate of knots around here.

Blimey!..

Are they selling them though?....

Thats slowed down obviously, but they are completing the part built ones and
offering much reduced prices. Being in the London commuter belt helps a
lot.

Now selling them at more sensible prices of course...

Most all sites around the Cambridge area have been deserted;!..
--
Tony Sayer

Consumer Unit Fredrick Skoog UK diy 6 May 18th 08 09:12 AM
Consumer unit Capt T UK diy 25 May 17th 08 04:56 PM
New consumer unit Terry D[_2_] UK diy 9 December 2nd 07 02:34 PM
Consumer Unit Nick UK diy 5 November 4th 04 11:48 PM