Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oso Vs Megaflo...

We're doing some renovations and are replacing our heating system. The
builder originally quoted for a generic unvented cylinder, but we
specifically requested a Megaflo and said we'd pay the difference.

I've just called by the property on my way home from work and needless to
say, they've ignored us and haven't fitted a Megaflo. Instead they've put
in an Oso Indirect 210.

We're at the stage where we just want to get back into the house as soon as
possible (Christmas maybe???) and I am not looking forward to trying to get
them to swap it out at this stage.

Is it worth fighting for the Megaflo (and paying the extra) or is the Oso
good enough? It is a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house.

TIA

Desy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 9, 3:18*pm, "Desy" wrote:
We're doing some renovations and are replacing our heating system. *The
builder originally quoted for a generic unvented cylinder, but we
specifically requested a Megaflo and said we'd pay the difference.

I've just called by the property on my way home from work and needless to
say, they've ignored us and haven't fitted a Megaflo. *Instead they've put
in an Oso Indirect 210.

We're at the stage where we just want to get back into the house as soon as
possible (Christmas maybe???) and I am not looking forward to trying to get
them to swap it out at this stage.

Is it worth fighting for the Megaflo (and paying the extra) or is the Oso
good enough? *It is a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house.

TIA

Desy

If you requested it, get it. if its more efficent it is that more
important. It was verbal right, so he will deny it but you have the
money.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Desy wrote:
We're doing some renovations and are replacing our heating system. The
builder originally quoted for a generic unvented cylinder, but we
specifically requested a Megaflo and said we'd pay the difference.

I've just called by the property on my way home from work and needless to
say, they've ignored us and haven't fitted a Megaflo. Instead they've put
in an Oso Indirect 210.

We're at the stage where we just want to get back into the house as soon as
possible (Christmas maybe???) and I am not looking forward to trying to get
them to swap it out at this stage.

Is it worth fighting for the Megaflo (and paying the extra) or is the Oso
good enough? It is a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house.

Thy are all very good. I have an OSO and its good enough for me. Only
prob is it isn't suitable for a heat pump - heating coil too small.

all that counts really is storage capacity with respect to bathrooms and
usage.

TIA

Desy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Desy wrote:
We're doing some renovations and are replacing our heating system. The
builder originally quoted for a generic unvented cylinder, but we
specifically requested a Megaflo and said we'd pay the difference.

I've just called by the property on my way home from work and needless to
say, they've ignored us and haven't fitted a Megaflo. Instead they've
put in an Oso Indirect 210.

We're at the stage where we just want to get back into the house as soon
as possible (Christmas maybe???) and I am not looking forward to trying
to get them to swap it out at this stage.

Is it worth fighting for the Megaflo (and paying the extra) or is the Oso
good enough? It is a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house.

Thy are all very good. I have an OSO and its good enough for me. Only prob
is it isn't suitable for a heat pump - heating coil too small.

Fit and external plate heat exchanger, which is far more efficient than any
coil.

F&E tank for a megaflo? PC Plod UK diy 14 April 18th 08 11:02 PM
Megaflo heating system problem [email protected] UK diy 4 June 23rd 07 02:32 PM
megaflo pressure budvar UK diy 1 September 12th 06 08:20 AM
Megaflo, Heatbank or Thermal Store xenelk UK diy 1 September 2nd 04 11:03 AM
Megaflo CL170 usage news-text.dial.pipex.com UK diy 2 December 22nd 03 09:18 PM