Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bath trap: high flow rate

Hello,

I was browsing Toolstation's web site and found that they sell "high
flow" bath traps from Wirquin. I am rather puzzled by these. Why
should they offer a faster flow than any other type of trap? Is there
a significant difference in speed, or is it just marketing?

The trap looked rather thin to me. I had a browse on Wirquin's web
site and it also boasted that they were unblockable due to having
smooth sides. Don't all traps have smooth sides? I would still expect
a trap to clog with long hair.

Has anyone used these, and what were your experiences?

Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I was browsing Toolstation's web site and found that they sell "high
flow" bath traps from Wirquin. I am rather puzzled by these. Why
should they offer a faster flow than any other type of trap? Is there
a significant difference in speed, or is it just marketing?
The trap looked rather thin to me. I had a browse on Wirquin's web
site and it also boasted that they were unblockable due to having
smooth sides. Don't all traps have smooth sides? I would still expect
a trap to clog with long hair.
Has anyone used these, and what were your experiences?

We've got one in our bath - a popup waste.

I'm not entirely convinced myself, but suspect the flow rate is a
little better than it was with a standard plug on the old bath...

Our new bath has a slightly long run (about 1m further) - and has a
slightly higher capacity / volume compared to the old back - and I
reckon it drains quicker.

The only comment I would make is that if it's the popup sort, the pop-
up plug bit can be dislodged easily if you nudge it with your feet if
you're in the shower :-}
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin Wilson wrote:

[...]

We have a "high-flow" trap on our new shower and I have to say that it
really works. We have a high flow shower and a very shallow shower
tray so the potential for problems with a partial blockage is quite
high. As an experiment at the end of the commissioning process I
removed the decorative cover and deliberately blocked the top with my
foot. I let the tray fill up and then took my foot away. The result
was almost scary, it really did drain very quickly.

RO flow rate questions Mike Hartigan Home Repair 8 October 26th 05 12:20 AM
household flow rate Ken Home Repair 2 September 26th 05 10:09 PM
Reduced flow rate after fitting mixer bath tap Deville UK diy 2 September 11th 05 04:26 PM
Shower Head Flow Rate Dick Home Repair 29 February 11th 05 01:24 AM
flow rate capped ?? cuckoo flower UK diy 0 August 8th 03 04:46 PM