Neil Catley

Default replacing flourescent strip light

All,
I would like to remove the strip light we have in the kitchen and
replace it with halogen spot lights. Simple question - are the electrics
the same or will I need to make any changes to the cables feeding the
mounts ?? Different thickness for different power etc etc ?? Maybe a
silly question, but better to ask !

BigWallop

"Neil Catley" wrote in message
All,
I would like to remove the strip light we have in the kitchen and
replace it with halogen spot lights. Simple question - are the electrics
the same or will I need to make any changes to the cables feeding the
mounts ?? Different thickness for different power etc etc ?? Maybe a
silly question, but better to ask !

The existing cabling should be fine for this. It will be a simple case of
transferring the red "L" and black "N" to the L and N connections on the new
fitting. You should also have an earth connection on the fitting marked by
an "E" or an arrow like symbol, which is connected to the green/yellow
covered conductor.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Neil Catley

BigWallop wrote:

"Neil Catley" wrote in message
All,
I would like to remove the strip light we have in the kitchen and
replace it with halogen spot lights. Simple question - are the electrics
the same or will I need to make any changes to the cables feeding the
mounts ?? Different thickness for different power etc etc ?? Maybe a
silly question, but better to ask !

The existing cabling should be fine for this. It will be a simple case of
transferring the red "L" and black "N" to the L and N connections on the new
fitting. You should also have an earth connection on the fitting marked by
an "E" or an arrow like symbol, which is connected to the green/yellow
covered conductor.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Thanks - I'm fine as far as the electrics go (I should be - I have a degree in
it!!), just wasn't sure about the fittings, cable diameter etc etc.

Cheers.

Light Switch Advise Chris Spyrou UK diy 10 October 10th 03 06:02 PM
Clicking Flourescent Light Fitting BigWallop UK diy 1 September 18th 03 10:33 PM
Pinched......... wanderer UK diy 8 September 12th 03 11:56 AM
Shower door drip strip ernie mendoza UK diy 0 July 19th 03 03:00 PM
anyone know how to diagnose a faulty Choke / Ballast in fluorescent light circuit nick UK diy 14 July 7th 03 02:01 PM