Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Baxi Barcelona .. unreliable

In article ,
Rick Hughes wrote:
I contacted Baxi ... asked if there are any know problems on Baxi
Barcelona ... response was no problems.

That's typical of pretty well all manufacturers. They lie through their
teeth about known problems.

--
*Save a tree, eat a beaver*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Rick Hughes wrote:
I contacted Baxi ... asked if there are any know problems on Baxi
Barcelona ... response was no problems.

That's typical of pretty well all manufacturers. They lie through
their teeth about known problems.

When I worked for Karcher years ago the favourite phrase from the factory
was "ve do not haff dis problem here in Germany". They would even lie to
their UK branch.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes

That's typical of pretty well all manufacturers. They lie through their
teeth about known problems.

Poxy Batterton lied to me about the PCB in my Suprima - "no known
problems". A few weeks later Watchdog got hold of the story and a
couple of letters later, PB reimbursed me for the new PCB and wiring
loom I'd had fitted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
news
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes

That's typical of pretty well all manufacturers. They lie through their
teeth about known problems.

Poxy Batterton lied to me about the PCB in my Suprima - "no known
problems". A few weeks later Watchdog got hold of the story and a
couple of letters later, PB reimbursed me for the new PCB and wiring
loom I'd had fitted.

Maxie, was forever slagging Poxy Batterton for their poor pcbs with known
problems that could be eradicated. I think he said they don't care as they
make so much money from needlessly replacing them.