Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More on flourescents

I have a twin 8' fittingwith 100/125 (?) tubes. One of them
is not working properly.
The tube flashes as tho' trying to 'strike', but keeps
flashing till I take out the starter.
Then it stays on.
Meanwhile the other tube functions faultlessly.

From this I assumed it was the starter that needed replacing.
New starter, with correct details 8' 100/125 watts, and
still the darling light flashes away.

Can I assume the tube is OK? (On the basis that it works
without the starter in situ.)
I have tried a few different starters, is there something
else that I should have a look at?

--
Jeweller
R100RT