Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to get half-size plain white tiles?

Anyone know where to get half-size plain white tiles (150mm x 75mm or 6" x
3") ... cheap? One local tile shop has them, but at c. 70 ukp/sq.m gulp!

And nil points for suggesting cutting down standard cheap-as-chips square
ones: you'd end up with one sharp square edge and 3 rounded ones on each
tile.

And minus points (QI style) for those ghastly sort of wide-bevelled (almost
flattened-pyramid) tiles: I'm really after something nice'n'retro, 30's
stylee ... bit like the ones in
http://owocnegoseksu.blox.pl/resourc...th_468x356.jpg

The lady in the bath would be nice too :-)

--
John Stumbles

There's nowt as queer as folk.
Especially other folk.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:
Anyone know where to get half-size plain white tiles (150mm x 75mm or 6" x
3") ... cheap? One local tile shop has them, but at c. 70 ukp/sq.m gulp!

And nil points for suggesting cutting down standard cheap-as-chips square
ones: you'd end up with one sharp square edge and 3 rounded ones on each
tile.

And minus points (QI style) for those ghastly sort of wide-bevelled (almost
flattened-pyramid) tiles: I'm really after something nice'n'retro, 30's
stylee ... bit like the ones in
http://owocnegoseksu.blox.pl/resourc...th_468x356.jpg

The lady in the bath would be nice too :-)

Mm, and doesn't look like a lady to me...

(BTW what the hell is she bathing in?)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
John Stumbles wrote:

snip
And minus points (QI style) for those ghastly sort of wide-bevelled
(almost
flattened-pyramid) tiles: I'm really after something nice'n'retro, 30's
stylee ... bit like the ones in
http://owocnegoseksu.blox.pl/resourc...th_468x356.jpg

The lady in the bath would be nice too :-)

Mm, and doesn't look like a lady to me...

(BTW what the hell is she bathing in?)

She's bathing in "Last Tango in Paris".

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 19:00:15 +0000, Owain wrote:

John Stumbles wrote:
Anyone know where to get half-size plain white tiles (150mm x 75mm or
6" x 3") ... cheap? One local tile shop has them, but at c. 70 ukp/sq.m
gulp!

Do you think 60 x 30 means 6" x 3"?

I doubt it, more like 24" x12", I'd reckon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 16, 7:17 am, John Stumbles wrote:
Anyone know where to get half-size plain white tiles (150mm x 75mm or 6" x
3") ... cheap? One local tile shop has them, but at c. 70 ukp/sq.m gulp!

And nil points for suggesting cutting down standard cheap-as-chips square
ones: you'd end up with one sharp square edge and 3 rounded ones on each
tile.

I have the opposite problem. I have a seemingly inexhaustible supply
of white half tiles that I am allowed to take from a jumbo bin. How
would it look if I ground the cut edge round, and used white grout?
Did I mention that the tiles are free

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:47:21 +0000, Lobster wrote:

(BTW what the hell is she bathing in?)

Polyfilla?

--
John Stumbles

What is a simile like?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster
saying something like:

http://owocnegoseksu.blox.pl/resourc...th_468x356.jpg

The lady in the bath would be nice too :-)

Mm, and doesn't look like a lady to me...

Skinny model with airbrushed tit.

(BTW what the hell is she bathing in?)

Asses' milk, of course, what else?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Matty F
saying something like:

I have the opposite problem. I have a seemingly inexhaustible supply
of white half tiles that I am allowed to take from a jumbo bin. How
would it look if I ground the cut edge round, and used white grout?
Did I mention that the tiles are free

If the cut /ground edge was on the bottom it would look ok. Not perfect,
but ok for free. If for use in a shower, you could put the cut edge at
the top above eye level.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Schneider_(actress)

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

PeterMcC wrote:
"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster
saying something like:

http://owocnegoseksu.blox.pl/resourc...th_468x356.jpg

The lady in the bath would be nice too :-)

Mm, and doesn't look like a lady to me...

Skinny model with airbrushed tit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Schneider_(actress)

Good grief - so it is!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-469646/I-felt-raped-Brando.html
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster
saying something like:

Skinny model with airbrushed tit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Schneider_(actress)

Good grief - so it is!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-469646/I-felt-raped-Brando.html

Wouldn't have known her from Drivel, to be honest.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 17, 3:46 am, Grimly Curmudgeon
drugs began to take hold. I remember Matty F
saying something like:

I have the opposite problem. I have a seemingly inexhaustible supply
of white half tiles that I am allowed to take from a jumbo bin. How
would it look if I ground the cut edge round, and used white grout?
Did I mention that the tiles are free

If the cut /ground edge was on the bottom it would look ok. Not perfect,
but ok for free. If for use in a shower, you could put the cut edge at
the top above eye level.

There is a cut edge on two opposite sides.
I just realised that many tiles have been put on the wall complete
with cut edges, and they look OK. They've not even ground the cut
edge.
Pic that you've seen befo
http://i36.tinypic.com/2ur5fyv.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Matty F
saying something like:

There is a cut edge on two opposite sides.
I just realised that many tiles have been put on the wall complete
with cut edges, and they look OK. They've not even ground the cut
edge.

Well, yes. If the grout fill it, it works ok.

Pic that you've seen befo
http://i36.tinypic.com/2ur5fyv.jpg

Arugh, my eyes.

I've just recalled where I've seen similar - in tile displays, where
they've shown off a bit or used up scrag ends of boxes to useful effect.