Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Halogen tube for 3 tube 1200W floor standing heater?

My 3 tube halogen heater has taken a knock and one of the heating
tubes has broken. Have taken the heater apart and extracted the broken
tube but there are no markings on it.

It's about 216mm long and 10mm in diameter

Anyone got any ideas what type of tube I would need to replace the
broken one please?

The heater is a Halocron HG-5

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jamma-plusser" wrote in message
My 3 tube halogen heater has taken a knock and one of the heating
tubes has broken. Have taken the heater apart and extracted the broken
tube but there are no markings on it.

It's about 216mm long and 10mm in diameter

Anyone got any ideas what type of tube I would need to replace the
broken one please?

The heater is a Halocron HG-5

Thanks

Start saving the planet - use 2 out of the 3!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jamma-plusser" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:50:27 -0000, "John"
wrote:

Start saving the planet - use 2 out of the 3!

Had thought of that, but would that cause any problems with having one
of the fittings in the heater left empty?

No. Not of the guard is still fixed on the front.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 22:18:55 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

Had thought of that, but would that cause any problems with having one
of the fittings in the heater left empty?

No. Not of the guard is still fixed on the front.

Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , jamma-plusser jamma-
writes

My 3 tube halogen heater has taken a knock and one of the heating
tubes has broken.

Those heaters sell for about 8 quid locally, so that's three spare tubes
at 2.66 of your earth pounds each, and the rest goes to landfill.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jamma-plusser wrote:
My 3 tube halogen heater has taken a knock and one of the heating
tubes has broken. Have taken the heater apart and extracted the broken
tube but there are no markings on it.

It's about 216mm long and 10mm in diameter

Anyone got any ideas what type of tube I would need to replace the
broken one please?

The heater is a Halocron HG-5

Thanks

I've seen 400w IR halogen heating tubes offered, but cant think where.
Does google not get you anywhere?

NT