Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Weird

Sometime ago I bought from Aldi a craft knife set with numerous blade
assortment and shaft handles.
Anyway I wanted to use for the first time and opened it up and proceeded to
select a blade,piced up the blade and the magnetic strip and several blades
came with it.

Now then this magnetic strip is bendable like a piece of soft toffee how can
this strip be bendable and at the sametime magnetic?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
om...
Sometime ago I bought from Aldi a craft knife set with numerous blade
assortment and shaft handles.
Anyway I wanted to use for the first time and opened it up and proceeded
to select a blade,piced up the blade and the magnetic strip and several
blades came with it.

Now then this magnetic strip is bendable like a piece of soft toffee how
can this strip be bendable and at the sametime magnetic?

Hah! sussed...Magnetic iron filings encased in a rubber strip. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
om...

"George" wrote in message
om...

snip

Now then this magnetic strip is bendable like a piece of soft toffee how
can this strip be bendable and at the sametime magnetic?

Hah! sussed...Magnetic iron filings encased in a rubber strip. :-)

And you've also discovered the secret to making magnetic toffee!

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
om...
Sometime ago I bought from Aldi a craft knife set with numerous

blade
assortment and shaft handles.
Anyway I wanted to use for the first time and opened it up and

proceeded to
select a blade,piced up the blade and the magnetic strip and several

blades
came with it.

Now then this magnetic strip is bendable like a piece of soft toffee

how can
this strip be bendable and at the sametime magnetic?

Look at the seal of your 'fridge door - the hollow rubber moulding has
a strip of ferrite loaded rubber pushed in that attracts the body of
the appliance - same stuff as your craft knife I would assume. If you
scrap a 'fridge always rescue the magnetic strips. A/ they stop
children getting stuck inside (yes it's happened) and B/ they are very
useful for holding notes, wiring diagrams etc

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:41:21 UTC, "George"
wrote:

Sometime ago I bought from Aldi a craft knife set with numerous blade
assortment and shaft handles.
Anyway I wanted to use for the first time and opened it up and proceeded to
select a blade,piced up the blade and the magnetic strip and several blades
came with it.

Now then this magnetic strip is bendable like a piece of soft toffee how can
this strip be bendable and at the sametime magnetic?

Been around for many years...rubber with magnetic particles. My dad
worked for a fridge company and we used to use bits of door seal for
lots of fun craft things...

http://www.diybanter.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Mawson wrote:
"George" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I was recently faced with the problem of attaching an L-plate to the
back of my car. Said plates came with 2 lengths of this stuff attached
top and bottom which makes them ideal for quick mounting/demounting on
the steel bonnet. However with the large plastic bumper at the back,
there's no large enough magnetic area to attach the rear one.

After some head-scratching, I bought a short length of this strip
(self-adhesive) from an ebay seller for about a quid and attached it to
the (black) plastic bumper - almost invisible, and mates up with the
strip on the L plate and has done the job perfectly ever since, allowing
instant application and removal. It's brilliant stuff!

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

"George" wrote in message
om...
Sometime ago I bought from Aldi a craft knife set with numerous blade
assortment and shaft handles.
Anyway I wanted to use for the first time and opened it up and proceeded
to select a blade,piced up the blade and the magnetic strip and several
blades came with it.

Now then this magnetic strip is bendable like a piece of soft toffee how
can this strip be bendable and at the sametime magnetic?

Presumably it's like the A4 magnetic paper you can get for printing your own
fridge magnets.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
"George" wrote in message
om...
Sometime ago I bought from Aldi a craft knife set with numerous blade
assortment and shaft handles.
Anyway I wanted to use for the first time and opened it up and
proceeded to select a blade,piced up the blade and the magnetic
strip and several blades came with it.

Now then this magnetic strip is bendable like a piece of soft toffee
how can this strip be bendable and at the sametime magnetic?

Hah! sussed...Magnetic iron filings encased in a rubber strip. :-)

Just like my fridge magnet business cards.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Weird RCA TV Problem Brad Electronics Repair 1 November 21st 07 11:58 AM
Isn't This Just Weird? Ron Electronics Repair 2 July 25th 06 06:05 AM
Weird The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 2 June 13th 06 08:23 AM
uk.d-i-y gone weird N. Thornton UK diy 6 January 7th 05 03:36 PM
Weird capacitor... Flavio Electronics Repair 7 October 31st 04 10:56 PM