Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing Radiator(s) Help

I have replaced Ch rads etc etc on my old system but now I have a
sealed system ( Combi) and I want to sometime in the future move or
replace a rad or two. I know it's not the ideal time of year to be
doing this but I need to do it when the urge takes me .
I want to confirm what I need to do so here's what I intend doing and
would appreciate if you could point out anything I have missed or
don't need to do .

(1) switch off power to boiler.
(2) switch off water supply feeding boiler ( is this necessary ?)
(3) Drain down system ( there is a drain tap under the floor beside
boiler),opening bleed valves to assist this
(4) move and/or replace rads .
(5) Close bleed valves ,Close drain tap,feed system with Sentinel
using the installed filling point ,open water valve and open filling
loop to around 2 Bar
(6) Open bleed valves to expel air while watching water pressure and
open filling loop if required . Continue doing this until all air is
expelled .
(7) switch power on and fire up boiler ,checking for any further
necessary bleeding .

Replacing a radiator Ed[_8_] UK diy 4 September 12th 08 04:19 PM
Replacing a radiator with a smaller one [email protected] UK diy 6 September 4th 06 09:08 PM
Replacing radiator with a smaller one! preecy UK diy 6 June 2nd 05 12:27 PM
Replacing a radiator. Crewood UK diy 1 February 13th 05 04:33 PM
Help replacing old radiator Broadback UK diy 1 September 17th 04 01:44 PM