Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] NOSPAMnet@gmail.com is offline

Default Replacing Radiator(s) Help

I have replaced Ch rads etc etc on my old system but now I have a
sealed system ( Combi) and I want to sometime in the future move or
replace a rad or two. I know it's not the ideal time of year to be
doing this but I need to do it when the urge takes me .
I want to confirm what I need to do so here's what I intend doing and
would appreciate if you could point out anything I have missed or
don't need to do .

(1) switch off power to boiler.
(2) switch off water supply feeding boiler ( is this necessary ?)
(3) Drain down system ( there is a drain tap under the floor beside
boiler),opening bleed valves to assist this
(4) move and/or replace rads .
(5) Close bleed valves ,Close drain tap,feed system with Sentinel
using the installed filling point ,open water valve and open filling
loop to around 2 Bar
(6) Open bleed valves to expel air while watching water pressure and
open filling loop if required . Continue doing this until all air is
expelled .
(7) switch power on and fire up boiler ,checking for any further
necessary bleeding .